Ignition Problems...Please Help!

I just finished putting together my 1995 SLT 750, and I'm getting a very weak spark while cranking. I clipped the coil wires back about a 1/4" and shoved them back into the boot and zip-tied it back together. Still, I was getting a weak spark. I recently replaced the stator with a good used one because the last owner fried the old stator. I removed the flywheel to clean some of the surface rust off of the inside on the magnets. I'm hoping it was just interfering with the charge. But as of right now, here are my major questions/problems I could really use some input on...

- How do I know if the magnets are weak on my flywheel?
    - Can the flywheel be sent to somewhere to get the magnets "re-charged"?
    - How can I test all 3 coils to make sure I'm getting adequate power through?
    - Is there anything I should look for on the stator that would tell me that it's not putting out enough charge?
    - What the hell else should I look at?

Thanks.

+1
    When you say you "shoved" the wires back in, you mean you screwed the boots back on, right? The boots do "thread" onto the ends of the wire to ensure a good solid connection.......

You can test the coils and the stator impedences based on the values in the manual or you can search for stator testing threads on here....

Actually, I'm glad you pointed that out to me...I did not know that they screwed on. And I'll try to find a thread on testing stators, but thank you big time for telling me about those threads. Last dumb question, I cross referenced the spark plug type for my ski and was told that it uses a BPR8ES NGK plug, and I've found numerous part numbers for the plug. Would you know by any chance so I can rule out another possible dumb mistake I may have made?

Thanks.

Thread Information