Question Honda aquatrax f12x code 25 Need help please

Hey all im new here...

I got an aquatrax 2002 turbo... Im getting code 25 and it goes in limp mode after 45 secs of running it ... than i can stop it restarts and it runs fine and then goes into limp again...

I discovered that it might be the knock sensor but there's a high chance that it is the ecu... OK

So i was looking to buy this ecm 38770-HW1-673 ... I cant find it !! But than i come across a replacement ? 38700-HW1-305! ... I cant find it!

Any guys out there know these really well so i could know what goes there as a replacement or where to buy it ... im desesperated i bought the watercraft one week ago..

Thank you..

+1
    Hi,

Suggest you do a search as there is lots of info on this particular subject

I had a code 25 identical to yours and had the dilemma of whether to get just the Knock sensor or the ECM too, turns out mine was a knock sensor so I would advise that you try that first

May I also suggest that you remove the ECM and ensure there is no corrosion on the pins (check the loom connectors too) and it would be prudent to clean them with a high quality electrical cleaner to be sure

Quote Originally Posted by energysolutions View Post
    Hi,

Suggest you do a search as there is lots of info on this particular subject

I had a code 25 identical to yours and had the dilemma of whether to get just the Knock sensor or the ECM too, turns out mine was a knock sensor so I would advise that you try that first

May I also suggest that you remove the ECM and ensure there is no corrosion on the pins (check the loom connectors too) and it would be prudent to clean them with a high quality electrical cleaner to be sure

Yea i did a lot before registering... my question is more about the ecm replacement !! Like you said ill start with the knock... But if it dont fit ill have to check my ecm and i dont know where to get it... on a website they suggest to use 38770-HW2-682 as a replacement computer but it seems that its only for the non turbo model.. so im wondering if it will fit!!

ill try to clean the ecu too... ty

+1
    You can still get ECMs - try John at discounthondaparts.com

Try cleaning the ECM and Knock sensor replacement first though, you have the same symptoms as I had and that fixed mine

Good luck

Thread Information