Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A little puzzled

Newbie to PWC but owned boats all my life. Just bought a 94 750 sl. Pervious owner bought it used in 2011 and never rode it but had it winterized in 2011. Before purchasinging I made sure there was oil, put fuel in tank but it only took about 1/2 gallon. I put it in the water and was expecting to have to do a lot of cranking on it. It started so quick it almost idled away from me. Surprize!. Hopped on and ran it about 5 minutes, seemed pretty good until near WOT then just sort of stayed there. Wrote it off as stale gas. Put it back on the trailer and paid for the boat. Took it out latter that day and went for 10-20 minutes and it started loosing power until it would pretty much only idle. I dont recall it running rough just no power. I emptied the fuel/water seperator, ran it again and it seemed fine for another 5 minutes or so. I went through the empting the fuel water seperator two more times and put it away and havent run it since. Read all the stickies and am considering the multiple feed fuel pump and cleaning of carbs. I can blow through the fuel filter fine. All I can guess at is a collapsing fuel hose. I did see if the MFD is not operating correctly it can cause driveability issues. I unhooked the MFD, unhooked the battery for several minutes, rehooked the battery and plugged the MFD back in but havent ran it to see if it operates.

Any and all input would be appreciated.

Jim

Banned User
    +1
    Check your fuel tank check valves for proper operation.

I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to The Hulk!

As you have read, Replace the fuel pump with the 3 output unit. Replace the lines and rebuild the carbs. THese skis one flaw is the fueling system. Luckily, its an easy remedy. Have you tired removing the fuel cap to see if it is under vaccum?

Look up "Piston Wash" and let us know what you find.

-Brad

There seem to be a few different pumps listed in the stickies, which pump would fit my ski? It has the blue Fuji engine. Also wundering, looks as if the carbs are a butterfly plate style instead of slide styles. Carb kit numbers would be nice also.
    Thanks a bunch guys
    Jim

Sooo...how much for the 780? stimpsonjcat's Avatar
    +1
    Call John at Watcon for carb kits.

+1
    Fuel Pump: DF-52-92
    Carb Kits: 12-1458 (wps #)
    Needle and seat: (2.0): 14-1077 (wps#)

Zig sells all of the above without all of the stuff you don't need....Zig = John Zigler at Watcon/RCJS as posted above.

http://watcon.com/

Quote Originally Posted by stimpsonjcat View Post
    Call John at Watcon for carb kits.
    Thanks for the advice. Called John and have all new fuel system components on the way.

John seemed to think I may have possibly been siezing. Bought a compression gauge this afternoon and will check it tonight....I hope!
    You guys are a world of knowledge, Thanks!
    Jim

Sooo...how much for the 780? stimpsonjcat's Avatar
    +1
    Yeah OK so as it heats up it starts binding? Man for your sake I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by stimpsonjcat View Post
    Yeah OK so as it heats up it starts binding? Man for your sake I hope not.
    I tested compressin after work. Dry test netted 110, 110 and 115 psi. I'm not real up on two strokes but if a new rebuild only nets 125-130 psi I think I'm O.K.. I've never siezed a two stroke but all I had to do is dump the fuel/water seperator and it ran great for a short time. I don't think it was siezing. I've worked in two GM dealerships in 31 years so I've heard all sorts of engine noises. I never noticed any noise that concerned me with my ski. Knock on wood! I did notice applying the choke only made it want to stall.

Thanks
    Jim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information