99 XI Sport wiring diagram please!

Well I picked up this ski for $400, it apparently was completely submerged, then left there for 2 days. The owner then pulled it out and let it sit in his garage for 2 years.

I've purchased a new used electrical box, in the process of rebuilding the motor, and have cleaned everything up.

Problem is, I just installed the new E-box, and was hoping to get the lights to come on, and the starter to turn. If I cross the terminals to the starter, it will turn fine. However, I am not getting anything from the start switch. I have checked the start switch itself for continuity, and it is fine.

I need to find out which wires I should jump to bypass the lanyard switch and see if that is the culprit. Mind you the engine is still not back in, could I be missing something that would keep the computer from engaging the starter?

The hull of this ski is in excellent condition, which is why I purchased it. Lucky for me parts have been cheap and I am a mechanic, so the labor is a non-issue. I would just like to know that the electronics work before I get the rest of it back together.

Thanks in advance!

Well I don't need the diagram, I found a similar one and noted that the only ground for the ECM is through the stator. Since the engine wasn't in the ski, the ECM wasn't getting a ground.

I hooked up a jumper from the stator housing to the neg. terminal on the battery, and the starter turned over!

This section is for posting tips, not asking questions.

Well it just turned into a tip didn't it.

Thread Information