Couple ultra 150 questions

I have a couple questions for my ultra 150.

1- I was out riding in the inlet this weekend and my ultra ran great, stopped and started it a few times with no problems ( but 1 and we will get to that next) Well i jumped on it again and it would not start. Tried some different things, but didnt have a plug wrench ( dummy left it in my truck ). Well today I pulled the plugs and they looked like they were kinda gumped with oil. I put 3 new plugs in and it fired right up and ran great. Is there an issue with getting too much oil, or is there any reason these plugs just foul out of nowhere, or is there something that could have caused this. I know people say if 2 strokes arent ridden to high rpms you can easily foul the plugs, and maybe the 15 minute no wake ride helped this issue.

2- if I have my ski running for awhile and shut it off, and start it within say 3-4 minutes it starts right up. If it sits for about 5-6 minutes or longer, it is hard to start, and I have to choke it for a little bit till it kicks, than turn the choke off and it still takes a little bit to start. Any suggestions?

3- lastly, ski is a little slow out the gate when idling, I have to hit the throttle 4-5 times rapidly and than it picks up and goes, and sometimes running off the hose, if I hit the throttle when idling it bogs down a bit until i feather the throttle 4-5 times than she revs good. Carb issue? Dirty?

I really appreciate the help guys.

+1
    15 minutes in a no wake zone?? Yea, that'll foul the plugs.

If the plugs have a lot of oil on them after running at full throttle, you may have a broken cable on the oil pump or it's out of adjustment.

Yeah that is what I thought. I never had an issue fouling plugs, just this last weekend because it was my first ride down the shore. I usually river ride and where I go there are no "no wake" zones.

I put new plugs in and it fired right up and stayed running off the hose. I put it in the river yesterday, fired right up, rode around for about 15 mins, than stopped for about 20, and my and my girlfriend hopped on and it wouldn't start, just keeps cranking. Don't know what the issue is with having it so hard to start after it has been running and then Ist it sit for more than 5 mins.

Any suggestions?

+1
    If mine is warm, say I stop for lunch or something, I have to choke it. I use a primer to start it when cold.

Hard start is not uncommon on these ultras. I have the same issues you do and if you POP the seat and have clear lines you can see the return fuel line has air in it and the prime is being broken. After this season I will be installing a primer

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xxpaul17xx View Post
    Yeah that is what I thought. I never had an issue fouling plugs, just this last weekend because it was my first ride down the shore. I usually river ride and where I go there are no "no wake" zones.

You must be from jersey hahahaha

Hahaha how'd u guess?! Didn't even notice that until u said somethig lol

now the other thing is, on my FA, it says, only use the special high performace spark plugs in this motor...does that mean the expensive plugs? I checked my hull number with the cutoff that i read on here and according to that, I can use the br9es. Any suggestions.

+1
    A lot of people have switched to the cheap plugs. I just clean the originals and move on. Still running the original plugs (they gave a spare set of plugs when you mailed in your warranty registration card) with about 175 hours on it.

Thread Information