HELP.. 300x knock in motor at idle

wat up guys my bad if this is in the wrong section i tried searching but didn't find much.. i have a 2011 300x with 35 hrs on it
    basically like the title says i have a slight knock in the motor and it kinda bogs down a little but it only happens at idle while its in the water going 5 mph anything above that it sounds fine ...on the hose while I'm flushing it she sounds fine no knock or bogging ...wondering if anybody else has had this problem or should i be worried.. just trying to get some opinions before i let motorcycle mall rape me for $200 just to take a look at it.

Banned User
    +1
    Why would that be its under warranty right. ? Never herd of the issue you describe.

comes off of warranty in 2 days ... was told if it was something covered under warranty id be fine if nothing is wrong with it or it isn't covered under the warranty id have to cough up the money for the tech taken a look at it..

Do an oil/filter change and save about 1/2 bottle of the used oil.
    Then send out the used oil to an oil lab for analysis - to see if there is any rod bearing material or anything else in it.
    Meanwhile, pull out the pump and make sure pump/impeller/bearings are all good.

Warranty is warranty.right??or does it not cover the motor?

+1
    Did you run the ski with the washers on the speedo wheel? "Washer mod"

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by daveed View Post
    comes off of warranty in 2 days ... was told if it was something covered under warranty id be fine if nothing is wrong with it or it isn't covered under the warranty id have to cough up the money for the tech taken a look at it..
    Buy the extended GTTP before your factory warranty runs out this could save you thousands in the future

thanks mean green... nah ski is stock ..no mods... warranty covers the motor but if the problem is cause i sucked something up I'm assed out...

As the greenman said...you need to isolate the source of the low speed knock...you could send your oil out for analyis or just cut the top off the oil filter and inspect the element for metal...hard to belive a bearing would only knock at low rpm but possible...since it only happens with the pump loaded you might try to find a calm area you can idle around in and leave your seat onshore...if you don't have a scope just put a screw driver to the head an listen with the handle in your ear to verify that the knock is internal in the motor...sounds a little crazy but will help pinpoint the source of the noise...and as fire suggests go buy the GTPP...$1200 is a good investment on a forced induction jet ski.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    find a nice clean concrete boat ramp . back trailer in , leave ski tied to trailor

that will do as you need

Waz

Thread Information