big waves and swells on Lake Erie and Lake Ontario, post your spots.

So, Im getting pretty bored of just riding and since I have the smaller lighter Seadoo XP (smaller lighter compared to the sitdowns available today) I only get the adreneline going when I am jumping decent waves. The problem is they are few and far between where I am located. I live on the shore of Lake Ontario in Grimsby, I found one spot in town with pretty consistent swells depending on the wind flow but Im looking for more.

I trek to Lake Erie once in a while, anywhere from Long Point to Sherkston shores but have yet to find the big waves that are reported to exist in Lake Erie on a regular basis.

If anyone has some has some favourite riding spots with some good wave action please post up.

hey dude i ride lake erie usualy out of dover. the only problem is there is no consitancy to when it will be rough and when it will be ok. i rode last sunday and it was fairly rough i actualy went through a wave and ripped my top glove box off. the state side of long point can usualy be verry choppy to. 4-12 foots waves

+1
    ^^^^ this guy knows waves... haha sorry drew i had too

Try off Rock Point Provincal Park, the day after a storm, best when it is still over cast or just after a rain shower, or when the wind is forecast to be westerly. Lots of guys actually surf there.

My family cottage is hte next bay over and we have snuck in there our whole lives to swim after a storm. Closer to the point is the bigger stuff, but it gets shallow too. You can put in at Port maitland, there is a free ramp

Quote Originally Posted by 05_RXP View Post
    hey dude i ride lake erie usualy out of dover. the only problem is there is no consitancy to when it will be rough and when it will be ok. i rode last sunday and it was fairly rough i actualy went through a wave and ripped my top glove box off. the state side of long point can usualy be verry choppy to. 4-12 foots waves
    Yes, I check the Great Lakes Focasting system and I see huge waves slamming Long Point beach on a regular basis but their are no public launch ramps on the beach side of Long Point. The next public ramp seems to be 40 kms down the shoreline.

Maybe I will try Dover.

I was going ot put in at Port Maitland last Saturday after getting bored of riding the flat water in the river but Lake Erie was smooth as glass so I headed back to Lake Ontario instead to be close to home.

Its suppose to be windy and stormy tomorrow so I am going to see if I can get out on Lake Ontario or Erie after work and find some waves.

Soon enough it will be September and should be rougher water more consistently then.

+1
    Longpoint has private ramps on Hastings Dr. Also if you have a big 4x4 or at you could probably go to the end of Hastings and launch there if you can get over the big sand hill. Only other problem would be doing a beach launch in ruff water.

+1
    Try Lake Ontario anywhere near Oakville. It's been permanently choppy and wavey all summer. I can count maybe 2 days this summer that it's been flat. I'm getting sick of it, just want some flat water to cruise around on for a bit lol

Thread Information