Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to know if IC is faulty?

Is there a way to test an IC to know if the internals are faulty? Do the veins inside ever "go bad" and leak? I dont have a local, external IC to borrow in order to rule mine out.

Thanks,
    sean

+1
    pressure test it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blkturbo! View Post
    Is there a way to test an IC to know if the internals are faulty? Do the veins inside ever "go bad" and leak? I dont have a local, external IC to borrow in order to rule mine out.

Thanks,
    sean
    Buy a 1/2" pipe thread plug (most intercoolers have 1/2" threads) and attach a water source to the other water inlet threads. Make sure not to overpressurize it. The XS type intercoolers are usually rated for a max of 70 psi. If water from the pressurized core is entering either air tank you have a leak.

Just plug one end and stick a hose to the other end? how would i know what the pressure is?

+1
    standard water hose pressure from your house is supposed to be like 60 psi I think so just turn it on slightly half way or so to be safe you could also put a pressure gauge on your hose.

I tested with air on the water side, looped the water inlet and outlet together with the stock hose, pressured trough the bleed port, 10 psi, gauge on the line and an isolation valve.

+1
    Did the presure test with an air hose, water and detergent. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=176176
    Just be carefull when aplying air presure to the i/c and closing the air hole with your finger to leave room for excess presure to escape. With low air presure you can do the test.

Quote Originally Posted by Raul Fosca View Post
    Did the presure test with an air hose, water and detergent. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=176176
    Just be carefull when aplying air presure to the i/c and closing the air hole with your finger to leave room for excess presure to escape. With low air presure you can do the test.
    I read your thread..

When you started to close the 2nd "water hole" with your finegr, where was the soapy water escaping from?

+1
    the EASIEST way hands down to do this is and know for sure is to fill the air passage portion of the cooler all the way up with water........block off one of the water inlets with a hose and a big bolt in that hose...........then jack air to the other water inlet and leave the compressor turned down under 50 PSI say 45PSI for exapmle...........if u see bubbles the cooler is JUNK...........and if not well u already know..............BET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information