what to do broken seadoo!!!

hi guys this is my first post so go easy on me!! im hoping im in the right place,
    RIGHT THE STORY GOES!! i bought a seadoo rxp 255 with a few custom upgrades about 16 months ago and its been rapidly great fun but latley i noticed a drop in power.i played around with a few things checks etc and all seemed fine.then i came upon a thread on here about loss of power top speed of 45mph limited revs(yea i can here you now!!) well im sure it wont be a suprise when i tell you that when i stripped the supercharger out and reffered it to a pic on the net 2 washers were missing.strange as one of the reasons i bought this ski was that the ceramic washers had been changed for the stainless ones.now i have a dilema firstly do i travel 200 miles to go and pull this guy through his letterbox and find out whats going on or should i buy the rebulid kit do it myself and just bang it back together?? the method in my madness is that the kit is cheap enough and ive been using the ski for the last few weeks and the oil pressure hasnt dropped so pump is ok,do i run it flush the oil rebuild the s/charger run it again then change the oil again and hopefully clean out most of the washer fragments.i went to a dealer and they have quoted me nearly 2000 pounds maybe more to rebuild the engine,due apparently to cost of parts.so my thinking is replace the supercharger parts run it and if it packs up im gonna have to rebuild the bloody thing anyway......do i sound stupid or is this something that might save me a few quid for the minute and get me back on the water.thanks for your help guys

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk.
    You need to remove all the fragments and inspect the flywheel and timing chain.

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Welcome to the Hulk.
    You need to remove all the fragments and inspect the flywheel and timing chain.
    hi beerdart
    thanks for replying
    do you think that i will have to take the engine out strip it right down and flush or is there a way of inspecting without removing and just filling with oil running it and flushing it a few times.excuse my ignorance ive not had time to look at the manuals etc just thought id ask you guys on here first.as the stelerships always give you worse case scinarios.

+1
    The PTO cover needs to be removed there are screens in front of the oil pumps. The amount of flushing required depends on if you find all the washer pieces. The metal washers tend to stay in large pieces as apposed to the ceramics which turn to dust and contaminate the complete oil system.

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    The PTO cover needs to be removed there are screens in front of the oil pumps. The amount of flushing required depends on if you find all the washer pieces. The metal washers tend to stay in large pieces as apposed to the ceramics which turn to dust and contaminate the complete oil system.
    so do you think there is a possibility that the washers had been changed and could of broken,not as i was thinking that the guy who i bought it from hadnt had them replaced.if this is the case the bits should be easier to find

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Yea,.. that's what he's telling you.....strip it!
    ....and as far as the "letterbox" thing, you think his skin would peel off like suit just like a Tom & Jerry cartoon?

goodluck

cheers lads will get on it and stip it down tomorrow.will tell you how i get on

could you guys give me a list of the parts ill need to rebuild this bit of the ski thanks

Thread Information