Domestic Twin 700 on a 2003-2004 Freedom longevity

I realize this is a very open and maybe a vague question but I would appreciate some of your thoughts on the longevity of these engines:

How long are these engine made to last with proper care? What are some signs and what should I expect when the engine is starting to go. What can I keep an eye on to make sure I don't have catastrophic failure out on the water.

I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    +1
    They are good engines that with proper maint. can last well over 300 hours without a major rebuild. Keep an eye on piston was to make sure fueling is good and you should be all set.

How often should I check piston wash? every season? after XX number of hours??? Also, one of my major concerns is the oil injection pump failing without notice and the engine slowly destroying itself with out lubrication. I would rather keep the pump and not go to a pre-mix solution. One of my thoughts was to install an oil pressure sensor or switch but I have no clue what the pressure would be. Anybody know what the injection pressures are at idle to full throttle?

I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by R1killa View Post
    How often should I check piston wash? every season? after XX number of hours??? Also, one of my major concerns is the oil injection pump failing without notice and the engine slowly destroying itself with out lubrication. I would rather keep the pump and not go to a pre-mix solution. One of my thoughts was to install an oil pressure sensor or switch but I have no clue what the pressure would be. Anybody know what the injection pressures are at idle to full throttle?
    Oil injection is reliable. Replace the lines every few years and you will be good to go. I check wash once a month or when I notice a difference in performance. Its up to you, but is is such an easy thing to watch, the more often, the better.

Thread Information