Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

What needs to be programmed? Candoo do it all?

What needs to be programmed? ECU to CLUSTER to MPEM to KEY? All of those things or more? WIll candoo program them all to sync up together?

06 or 07 I and I think the ECU and cluster came from same ski but mpem from different one and I need to get 2 new keys programmed to them all.

Bought a gprxp project and getting started on it.

+1
    You guys that have the candoo, how do you like it? Best thing going or wish you had bought something different?

It really depends on the year, the '06 and earlier had MPEM's, the '07+ system does not, so you cannot mix the two. You should get all the components from the same year ski for your GPRXP project.

The key info is stored in the ECU, regardless of year. The MPEM in the '06 and earlier models acts as a power distribution device, as well as the communication distribution to the cluster for '05 and earlier skis. They did away with the MPEM in '07, the power distribution function was now done by the fuse box, and the cluster was driven directly off the CAN bus instead of passing it thru the MPEM. Starting in '06, the cluster started to be 'married' to the ECU.

Candoopro can programs keys regardless of what year the ECU is, and can marry the cluster to the ECU.

4. +1 by:

+1
    i use candoo and i love it so far... alot of great features

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Dood View Post
    It really depends on the year, the '06 and earlier had MPEM's, the '07+ system does not, so you cannot mix the two. You should get all the components from the same year ski for your GPRXP project.

The key info is stored in the ECU, regardless of year. The MPEM in the '06 and earlier models acts as a power distribution device, as well as the communication distribution to the cluster for '05 and earlier skis. They did away with the MPEM in '07, the power distribution function was now done by the fuse box, and the cluster was driven directly off the CAN bus instead of passing it thru the MPEM. Starting in '06, the cluster started to be 'married' to the ECU.

Candoopro can programs keys regardless of what year the ECU is, and can marry the cluster to the ECU.
    Thanks for the very informative response. Over next couple days I'll be putting a parts/tools list of things I need to order from the Greenhulk store to wrap this project up and will add the candoo to the list.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

yopu can't affford not to have one

Quote Originally Posted by greenbullet View Post
    i use candoo and i love it so far... alot of great features
    If you deal with 4-tec electrics or DI/RFI two strokes, you can't afford not to have one. Without one it's like trying to fix an auto a/c without pressure gauges!

For skis that don't allow code reads from the console, it pays for itself the first or second time you use it (the home unit that is)

If you own a few skis..it's a no brainer as keying your skis alike can save lots of time and tearing the house apart looking for the key for your favorite ski.

+1
    I love my candoo! has paid for it self a few times now. (home version)

Quote Originally Posted by Avi8tor View Post
    What needs to be programmed? ECU to CLUSTER to MPEM to KEY? All of those things or more? WIll candoo program them all to sync up together?

06 or 07 I and I think the ECU and cluster came from same ski but mpem from different one and I need to get 2 new keys programmed to them all.

Bought a gprxp project and getting started on it.
    It will program keys, probably not clusters but call them to ask. I also don't think it will work with skis earlier than 96, if memory serves.

Quote Originally Posted by haleyscomet View Post
    It will program keys, probably not clusters but call them to ask. I also don't think it will work with skis earlier than 96, if memory serves.
    We talked with him... It will not flash a cluster, but will marry a cluster to a new ecu. The flash code is copyrighted and therefore can not be done with our tool. Ski's before 1996 did not have any communications, they are just CDI ignitions. DESS keys started in 1996

+1
    I had asked my local dealer how much to program 2 keys http://www.ncpowersports.com/ and they quoted me 52.00 for each key plus an hour labor 80.00 184.00 plus tax. Then after I get keys programmed and gprxp started would need to have items turned off which would be another hour 80.00 labor.

Easy to justify a candoo when looking at 264.00 for just those 2 things.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information