Adding Auto Bilge to 94 SL 750

All,

I want to add an auto bilge pump to my 94 sl750 because I like to play in the water and the siphon hoses can't keep up. I am planning to hook it up with a fuse to the orange wire in the electrical box.

The question I have is; can I use the left side through hull fitting port exit for the bilge pump? This through hull fitting is presently hooking up a hose to the bottom of a plastic casing that is under the MFD panel I guess to allow water to exit? I think this through hull fitting is above the water line and I think I would prefer to use this instead of drilling a hole in my hull, if not where do you suggest I put the hole and how should I do it? I want the hole in a place that is out of the way.

Thanks for all your help.

I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    +1
    You will want your thru hull fitting to be well above the waterline so water does not get back in. If you want the water to exit below the water line, Make sure the hose is zip tied up high in the hull in the middle.

Sounds like you have a problem with your siphons or more likley have water entering somewhere else. I play hard with several skis and have never had an issue with the siphons not being able to handle the water intake. I would reccomend cleaning the siphons and make sure they are secured to the appropreate spots in the hull. Also check the anti-siphon holes in the 90 degree fittings to make sure they are clear.

Hi Thanks,

I did check one line was a bit plugged and cleared it out. Now the ends of the hose that are in the bottom of the hull do not have screens on them, can I make my own screens so they don't pick up the dirt, but stay clear for water to exit? I will double check the 90 elbows tonight...thanks

I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    +1
    you can add screens. Newer models had screens. Let us know how you make out.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    I prefer to have the bilge pump exit somewhere that I can see when it is pumping water. If I see water coming out then it means I have water inside the hull.

If I was not expecting water to be in the hull then it means I need to check why there is water in there.

Better to know there is a problem than having the bilge pump running and pumping but unable to keep up and the rider not knowing until it is too late.

+1
    Also keep in mind that unlike a boat, which typically has a float switch, these bilge pumps are constantly running, but only when the engine is running. If you are buying one make sure it is rated to run dry.......

anyone have a link to buy replacement siphons?

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    What are you looking for? Your siphon is only a rubber hose with a screen filter and a plastic elbow.

Thread Information