+1

need help on a rxtx 260 configuration please!!

Hi all,

I Have a friend that wants to modify his ski in order to pick up some rpm.

Engine completly stock with riva intake. His mechanic told him to put a riva XX supercharger with a 15/20 prop.

Stock ecu. wouldlike to know if he will need to put a rrpfr with that supercharger and stock ecu and if the prop is good?

+1
    Waste of money until he changes the stock ECU! Stock ECU is gps speed limited, 8040 rpm limited, and 10 psi limited. Riva SCOM only addresses the gps speed limit and the other issues are still present. SO.......ECU reflash (V-Tech) or MOTEC Ecu is the way to go.

If he added that SC and 15/20 impeller all he will do is get to 8040 rpm limit quicker that is it.

IMO, very bad advice from his mechanic!

+1
    yep That's what I thought.But he told me he does 118km/h on speedo and rpm is at 8300rpm(european ecu). He wants to stay with stock ecu so what does he need to do then to pick up km/h? smaller charger?

+1
    french ecu so no gps limited

+1
    Somebody does not have their facts right....I have a RS International ECU it was limited just like I said earlier.....he will see 8300 rpm MOMENTARILY but, will still pull back to 8040 rpm or less, like hitting a big brick wall! The RS ECU is GPS limited to 72 MPH!!! I was able to get it to overshoot to 74 mph, but only for a few seconds.

read post #1 from Jerry here about these limits: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...highlight=SCOM

TUNING INFORMATION:
    The iControl Engine Management System has several factory limitations that must be considered when tuning/modifying your
    watercraft.

GPS Controlled Speed Limiter:
    U.S. models are governed to 67mph and International models are governed to 72mph. Note that this is actual speed as measured
    by hand held GPS and not speed displayed on instrument cluster. Speed limiter function is completely removed on both U.S. and
    International models when using RIVA Speed Control Override Module.

Engine RPM Limiter:
    Both U.S. and International models have a factory engine RPM limiter set at 8,040rpm. Target engine RPM for modified applications
    should be 7,900-8,000rpm. The design of the iControl engine rev limiter allows the craft to run closer to limit than previous
    generation Sea-Doo’s without surging or losing power. iControl system will automatically close throttle as needed to reduce RPM if
    engine rev limit is reached.

Torque Limiter:
    Both U.S. and International models have a control system that calculates throttle position, boost pressure & engine RPM to limit maximum torque. When torque limit is exceeded, system will close throttle as needed to stay within factory specifications.

What year X 260 are we talking about? Makes a big difference for several reason....

If he is adamant about keeping the stock ecu: 4" air, R&D grate, Solas 15/20, 2011 83mm venturi nozzle (2010 has 87mm).......but WILL be limited as I said earlier.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    Somebody does not have their facts right....I have a RS International ECU it was limited just like I said earlier.....he will see 8300 rpm MOMENTARILY but, will still pull back to 8040 rpm or less, like hitting a big brick wall! The RS ECU is GPS limited to 72 MPH!!!

read post #1 from Jerry here about these limits: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...highlight=SCOM

TUNING INFORMATION:
    The iControl Engine Management System has several factory limitations that must be considered when tuning/modifying your
    watercraft.

GPS Controlled Speed Limiter:
    U.S. models are governed to 67mph and International models are governed to 72mph. Note that this is actual speed as measured
    by hand held GPS and not speed displayed on instrument cluster. Speed limiter function is completely removed on both U.S. and
    International models when using RIVA Speed Control Override Module.

Engine RPM Limiter:
    Both U.S. and International models have a factory engine RPM limiter set at 8,040rpm. Target engine RPM for modified applications
    should be 7,900-8,000rpm. The design of the iControl engine rev limiter allows the craft to run closer to limit than previous
    generation Sea-Doo’s without surging or losing power. iControl system will automatically close throttle as needed to reduce RPM if
    engine rev limit is reached.

Torque Limiter:
    Both U.S. and International models have a control system that calculates throttle position, boost pressure & engine RPM to limit maximum torque. When torque limit is exceeded, system will close throttle as needed to stay within factory specifications.

What year X 260 are we talking about? Makes a big difference for several reason....

If he is adamant about keeping the stock ecu: 4" air, R&D grate, Solas 15/20, 2011 83mm venturi nozzle (2010 has 87mm).......but WILL be limited as I said earlier.

ah friend is a real dumb ass lol trying to explain him but still want to stick to the xx supercharger telling me that if he wants to put an aftermarket ecu he will have already the supercharger. Anyways thanks for the help I myself learn everyday, didn't know the 260ecu had an electronic speed limit hehe

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by otoss View Post
    ah friend is a real dumb ass lol trying to explain him but still want to stick to the xx supercharger telling me that if he wants to put an aftermarket ecu he will have already the supercharger. Anyways thanks for the help I myself learn everyday, didn't know the 260ecu had an electronic speed limit hehe
    Dumb Ass is right..................we can't help someone who will not listen or learn from expert advice......You Can't Fix STUPID!!

Thread Information