Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

weld on ride plate skegs?

where can i find some skegs for my 06 rxp? they use to be in the preformance store but they are not there any more. any one know where i can buy some? thanks for your help!

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Not sure why you want those.... but I would pm "Jim's Performance" about them.

Well...I can think of one reason he may want them.

They work.

Look up, rapidacceleration.

+1
    skegs work... they have saved me a few times when i started tracking into an on coming wind.... the planted and tracked the ski straight. im using one of jims first plates ... very nice

+1
    Yep, got one of Jim's closed loop skegged plates for my PX in storage. Removed it for the Riva OL plate now on my machine. Loved the plate but changed it out to get more nose lift from the Riva. Really tracked well. Jim's work is exceptional for welded skeggs, hated to take it out of the picture frame and down off the wall to install and run it.

+1
    I have a set from the store. Never installed. Might be willing to sell the for the right price. Send me a PM.

+1
    more nose lift? i fight with my ski to keep the nose down... i would not need anymore lift than what i have.. others say only my blockoffs are in the water.. i ride so high with this plate it starts walking and rocking back and forth.. only way for me to lay it down is to trim down to middle and lay on the bars..... but the skeggs do work!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbullet View Post
    more nose lift? i fight with my ski to keep the nose down... i would not need anymore lift than what i have.. others say only my blockoffs are in the water.. i ride so high with this plate it starts walking and rocking back and forth.. only way for me to lay it down is to trim down to middle and lay on the bars..... but the skeggs do work!!!
    What plate? Impossible to ride with only the blockoffs in the water, you would be unhooked. Night and day difference between the two plates I mentioned. There is a difference in nose lift created by ride plate angle and pump nozzle angle. Stop and think for a second where the pivot point between the two are. I can trim up with either plate to cause the pump to come unhooked. With the OL Riva plate I can get the ski to angle higher in the front due to the angle cut under the plate and still stay hooked.

+1
    i basically become unhooked i can only ride high when on glass water... i have one of jims first plates with skeggs... before he use to stamp them... wish it didnt do this but i dont want to shim the plate down and loose mph... i like how loose it is and it tracks high and straight but i can used it to its full potential when its rough out

+1
    all im trying to say is that the skeggs do help some withh disagree but im always going to run them... ive been saved a few times by the holding me straight

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information