Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Installing 300 exhaust filter in 250x

OK guys what is the secret. I looked at it and said I can do this in about 15 to 20 minutes. Well 2 hours later I still don't have it done. IT WILL NOT GO IN. What is the procedure or trick to getting it in. Got it torn down and cannot get it to go back together with the filter. HELP.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorne1053 View Post
    OK guys what is the secret. I looked at it and said I can do this in about 15 to 20 minutes. Well 2 hours later I still don't have it done. IT WILL NOT GO IN. What is the procedure or trick to getting it in. Got it torn down and cannot get it to go back together with the filter. HELP.
    I will get back on this subject in an about hour or two.
    I need to get on the road now...

Quote Originally Posted by meangreenman View Post
    I will get back on this subject in an about hour or two.
    I need to get on the road now...
    Thanks, wanted to get it going before Friday. Going to get my oldest grand son tomorrow for the weekend and he will want to ride.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorne1053 View Post
    What won't go in where ? Take pics if you need to. Basicly separate the front half and back half of the manifold back half goes into water box front half connect to motor separate the two. Install filter put back together. What point Re u at

Cannot get it to align back up. I have even disconnected the hose at the water box inlet. When I try to align back up it sits about 1/4 inch to high and I can't get it to go into exhaust manifold side. Kind of hard to explain, there is just not enough play to get it to go back together with the filter installed. I may just end up putting it back together with out installing the filter.

+1
    The water box needs to be slid back, to allow for the extra thickness of the filter.
    Maybe the hose needs pushing down further?

Quote Originally Posted by wot recession View Post
    The water box needs to be slid back, to allow for the extra thickness of the filter.
    Maybe the hose needs pushing down further?
    This is what it looks like to me. I did not see how to slide it back though. What do I have to do to move it back? The angle being off is what is keeping it from aligning. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	278471

+1
    It just looks like you need to undo the strap on the water box so you can slide it back.
    It should then come down.

Do I have to remove anything to get to the strap? Will the water box slide freely and how much play will it have. I think I probably need to slide it back a couple of inches.

Banned User
    +1
    Loosen the hose clamps on the pipes going into the water box top and bottom. The filter does not affect the up and down only the gap when you put it together. Adjust the boots so you can line it all up.then push the water box back if need be to close the gap. You don't need to unstrap it it will push back

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information