Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Switching off oil light on Polaris slx 780

So we have switched to Premix
    I got told that if you simply join the two wires going to the tank that the MFD would register
    full oil?

However this is not working any ideas ?

Regards

+1
    Connecting the two wires together will not accomplish anything. The oil sender wires need to be removed from the circuit board in the ebox. The blue wire from the mfd should still be connected to the blue terminal. Install a jumper from the blue terminal to the black terminal utilizing a 33 ohm resistor. I simply installed spade connectors on either end of the resistor ends and plugged it into the board. This will trick the mfd into thinking the oil is always full.

Great stuff

Now I've just rebuilt the carbs and I can't get it to run.

I drained all the fuel as it was sat for ages.
    How do I know if the pump is working it doesn't seem to make any noise??

Sooo...how much for the 780? stimpsonjcat's Avatar
    +1
    I usually help things along after fuel drain by using some starter fluid sprayed into the carbs. If you do more than a few you may want to spray some fogging oil in there too.

+1
    The pump works off of the vacuum/pressure conditions in the crankcase of the PTO cylinder. There is a small brass nipple there that should have a hose connected to your fuel pump. This is the pulse line. This vacuum/pressure alternates as the motor spins and creates a pumping action inside the fuel pump. You will not hear any moving parts. If you remove the fuel lines at the carb, fuel should spit out of the lines at around 2 PSI while idling at 1250 rpms.....

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFishCrisis View Post
    Connecting the two wires together will not accomplish anything. The oil sender wires need to be removed from the circuit board in the ebox. The blue wire from the mfd should still be connected to the blue terminal. Install a jumper from the blue terminal to the black terminal utilizing a 33 ohm resistor. I simply installed spade connectors on either end of the resistor ends and plugged it into the board. This will trick the mfd into thinking the oil is always full.
    Hi there

I think i may have done this wrong as my MFD is still saying low oil p. However red light is no longer flashing.
    The guage says that the oil tank is empty still.
    What i did was install a restrictor between the blue wire and the black wire.... is this correct??

Many thanks

Mike

I left the blue wire connected to the board and bridged with a restrictor to the black ground, just to clarify .

+1
    what was the ohm rating of the resistor you installed? The gauge only senses between 33 ohm (full) and 240 ohm (empty).

Just to check simple things, are you sure you put the resistor on the ground wire that leads directly to the oil sender?

KJ

+1
    The oil sender unit should be removed entirely in this scenario. The only wires that stay connected are the blue and black from the MFD. You then take a 33 ohm resistor and attach it to the blue terminals on one end, and the black terminal on the other. The resistor takes the place of the oil sender and will read 33 ohms resistance to the MFD blue wire resulting in full oil.

Ok i believe u have done this correctly the oil gauge says one bar showing
    And I have deffinately put in a 33 ohms restrictor at least that's what it says on the packet.

The screen is saying lopr ?

Is there a way just to do away with it all together like I have done with the fuel ?
    Still no flashing red light.

I'm taking it away on Friday and don't want it to be in Limp mode

Cheers guys

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information