+1

2009 FZS- Any issues with this ski?

My neighbor has a very clean 2009 FZS with 75 hours on it. Is this a good all around ski? Any issues with it? Top speed? Good in the chop?
    I'm doing as much reasearch as possible before I pull the trigger on another ski. I feel this is the place to find true answers.
    Thank you!

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by driveumhard View Post
    My neighbor has a very clean 2009 FZS with 75 hours on it. Is this a good all around ski? Any issues with it? Top speed? Good in the chop?
    I'm doing as much reasearch as possible before I pull the trigger on another ski. I feel this is the place to find true answers.
    Thank you!
    Im still pretty happy with mine after almost 3 years. Only thing I had was the clutch let go earlier this year. But of course I pushed it to a C3 wheel and it pushed back. Before that though, I had many good hard hours without a problem. I never really had a problem riding in chop with the stock plate and R&D grate, it handled well. Was always a pretty comfortable ride but I never saw super heavy chop. That is one thing You might want to do, unless its already done, is throw on an R&D grate and plug kit. Just to stave off the chance of the buck. Even when I ran the stock grate I ever did get a hint of the buck.

+1
    It's a good all around ski. They are good in chop. Top stock speed is usually around 67-68 MPH. There have been clutch issues with some, but most of the failures have been on modded skis with added boost. I suspect the clutch failures on stock skis have probably had to do with lack of throttle control in many cases.

+1
    Yes ours have "issues"...

• They growl when you start them
    • They like to beat the crap out of other skis on the lake
    • Without a grate swap they might buck your azz off just for fun
    • They keep begging for more mods so they can go 85 mph
    • When we go to the gas station, they piss all over the high octane pump, then drink 87 regular fuel
    • When we go by the dealer, they jeer and laugh at the skis in the shop, very rude

It's getting pretty bad; I threatened to trade them in on less aggressive watercraft,
    and I tried to get them to go for counseling, but they won't listen because they have "issues."

Seriously, we are moving up toward 400 combined hours on two of them, no issues.
    What's wrong with your RXP-X? I always thought that was a nice looking ski.

5. +1 by:

+1
    I have had zero issues with my 2009 FZR. It currently has the mods in my sig with 120 hours. Very good all around ski.

Crystal River Florida. Home of speed restricted manatee zones.
    +1
    Zero issues with mine. Fast, aggressive and stable.

+1
    [QUOTE=driveumhard;1998644]My neighbor has a very clean 2009 FZS with 75 hours on it. Is this a good all around ski? Any issues with it? Top speed? Good in the chop?
    Thank you![/QUOTE

The fzs isn't bad in the chop, but my rxt's are better in the rough. Today a took my first ride on a friends fx sho cruiser and i can tell you this is the best jetski in rough conditions. It 's like a caddilac on the water. But you will like the fzs.

My 09 modded fzr has 110 hrs and not one problem. There are about 10 kids who stay at my campground (12-15) who totally beat the crap out of them and not one problem. In fact, out of all the rentals (24) and privately owned yamahas, the only problems are basically cosmetic.

Lou

Thread Information