Random questions.....

I have a question about the factory bilge. I don't mean to seem like an idiot, but I'm new to skis, so this is why I ask. Do the Gp's have a bilge on them from the factory? If they do, I assume it is not used in the same manner as a Rule bilge you add for water removal?

As for another noob question...... what exactly is the Jetworks mod, and how does it work? Are the gains worth it? Any drawbacks?

What are some quick, easy, cheap mods that a person can do to a GP to help performance and/or handling?

Ok ,I ll take a stab....the factory bilge is a vacuum device, meaning there is a hole in the pump and as water passes by this hole set at a specific angle ,the water actually creates a vacuum, it is called the Bernoulli principle, it takes a good amount of water passing to make it work good, so , you have to be moving to get it to work...so if you are just idling, it is not at full capacity, the Rule pump just sits there and if you need to relieve the hull of unwanted water ,you flip a switch which sucks out the water to a specific level ,which is determined by the height of the mounting in relation to the bottom of the pump.....

The Jet works valve is used to stop or slow the water to the stinger on your ski , right now the water is in there all the time filling up the water box and when you take off slow or hard the water has to be pushed out then the exhaust can be fully expelled, with the valve in line of the stinger, it stops the water flow untill a predetermined RPM is achieved, that can be from setting the spring rate inside opening with washers or by twisting it to increase the spring rate, there are different styles , both work great, the water box being almost fully cleared of water , makes the ski launch hard, like you have been sitting for a while with the engine off, it is a great addition, to your ski , it will sound different also , at idle , since the water is not muffling it at idle, I think it sounds good.....this mod is considered by most to be a hole shot mod while a few report more top end, I use it for hole shot.....
    I can only help with those 2 items , there are a great number of fantastic GP guys here that can help on the handling part, have fun.........

Thanks for the expaination. I understand it a whole lot better now. So what is the deal when everyone is adding extra pissers? Is that part of the Jetworks or different? This seems to be one of the cheap tips/tricks that would help performance. All those cooling lines on the engine seem discouraging to look at. I guess once you understand all of them and where they come from and go to, then it makes it all easier to understand. Since my engine is stock, is any extra pissers needed? Or does it divert uneeded water?

Keep the info coming....

I use pissers on my ski. I have a tripple pipe set up with a pisser for each. I also have a pisser for the engine. I use the pissers to tell what kind of temps. everything is running and so I also know that water is running through everything. Not sure about performance, but it dose give you that extra peice of mind.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pisser.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	15679

The addition of the extra pissers is to try and dry out the pipe for more performance and RPM....
    it depends on how you hook it up, if you run a dedicated line like mine from the pump it means I have 2 water pressure ports to use, one for the jetworks valve and one for the other parts of the engine, if you dont let some of that water out , that would be too much water to run..so it is shot overboard in various places, you already have one, from the factory.....your engine is fine , but if you want the extra kick look into the Jetworks mod from .our buddy PISTONWASH..scroll down this link page till you see the diagrams.

http://extremeteamracing.com/97-99GP1200.htm

+1
    As far as rideplates for the GP, the Shredmaster is good for chop, the Riva Limited Edition is very good all around, and the R&D with the Group K mod is probably the fastest in good water. The R&D grate is a good one for the GP. You already have trim tabs which is a good thing.

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...you have to stir the pot up and then you get the good stuff to come to the top..............

Quote Originally Posted by BULLRAIDER View Post
    Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...you have to stir the pot up and then you get the good stuff to come to the top..............

Yep, just keep it coming!! Fill me with knowledge.

Thread Information