Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

What injectors do I need?

I bought this ski and gathering the parts needed to get it going. I'll be going with external intercooler ( not sure which one yet)
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=171412

What injectors would you recommend for the engine setup in the link?

Fully built by Nils Castillo
    This is a similar engine that was in Jerry's Nilamonster. When this engine was built, Nils had used pretty much all new parts to build it- as seen on the reciept.
    Fully built Rude valvetrain
    JE forged 9.5:1 pistons
    Rotax Racing cam
    new crank
    lightweight Rude valvetrain w/ upgraded springs
    upgraded flywheel bolts
    oil jet
    fully ported cylinder head work
    Riva open loop cooling setup
    stock ECU, X-charger

+1
    42s along with an adjustable FPR to raise pressure and AFR monitoring.

If nothing else I'd be asking Nils if he built it.

+1
    IMO, if that motor is exactly as described and ready to run, it almost demands a better ECU. I would do a V-Tech reflash for 8800 rpms and the injectors of your choice (50s or 60s or 80s). Trying to get the fueling right on a setup like that while using the stock ECU can be very difficult ... in the long run I think it would be far easier to flash the ECU with a setup more suited to your engine. You will also gain a LOT of speed and performance from 8800 rpms vs 8100 rpms, and the engine has the parts to easily do the higher rpm.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    IMO, if that motor is exactly as described and ready to run, it almost demands a better ECU. I would do a V-Tech reflash for 8800 rpms and the injectors of your choice (50s or 60s or 80s). Trying to get the fueling right on a setup like that while using the stock ECU can be very difficult ... in the long run I think it would be far easier to flash the ECU with a setup more suited to your engine. You will also gain a LOT of speed and performance from 8800 rpms vs 8100 rpms, and the engine has the parts to easily do the higher rpm.
    +1, was thinking the same thing when I read his post but that wasn't the question he posted. Sure seems like an over kill on the engine build for those lower RPMs. Why even bother with the valvetrain at those lower RPMs.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dnielsen View Post
    +1, was thinking the same thing when I read his post but that wasn't the question he posted. Sure seems like an over kill on the engine build for those lower RPMs. Why even bother with the valvetrain at those lower RPMs.
    Exactly ... I know it is a little more money initially, but you know how much better that would take advantage of that engines parts and potential (and ease of tuning).

Should add ... I would also recommend you still plan on monitoring AFR and getting a good RRFPR. That is a unique engine and you are going to need to monitor AFR and adjust static fuel pressure and possibly rising rate too, no matter what you do with ECU.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    If nothing else I'd be asking Nils if he built it.
    Great suggestion, I just did a member search, is he nils888 on the forums?

The pleasure for me is building things and would spend $$$ on afr and adjustable regulator to fine tune the combination rather than trying to make it more powerful until I know what I've got. I have a ported GPR purchased a few weeks ago that scares the bajeezus out of me and as of yet have never run it wide open for more than a few seconds. For sure this motor is overkill for me. If it runs smooth and trouble free, its performance will be more than I'd care to fully explore.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Exactly ... I know it is a little more money initially, but you know how much better that would take advantage of that engines parts and potential (and ease of tuning).

Should add ... I would also recommend you still plan on monitoring AFR and getting a good RRFPR. That is a unique engine and you are going to need to monitor AFR and adjust static fuel pressure and possibly rising rate too, no matter what you do with ECU.
    So a good combination for now would be bosch 42 injectors, a good rrfpr , afr and intercooler?

With reliability and smooth running tune being most important on my checklist, can you recommend a rrpr , afr and intercooler for this setup?
    What are we talking $$ wise ? 200 for injectors 5-6 for intercooler 400 for a candoo ( I need to program new keys anyway) 400 for rrfpr and 200 for decent afr gauge? 1600-2000 bucks?

+1
    The supercharger
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120726_163518.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	278685

+1
    Riva Racing makes a great RRFPR setup that comes with all the peices needed to install and can be purchased here in the online store with a 10% discount if you use the coupon code at checkout, "greenhulk" is the code to use.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information