Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Newbie, Most dependable super-charged machine?? Yam, Kaw, Seadoo,???

Been surfing this entire site for a year or two now,, the yamaha guys/section seem to be a tad more talkative and tech minded, i am finally ready to jump into the game for a ski,, but have been following such threads about supercharger clutch failer, this bearing, that broke, that came from the factory f__cked up,, etc etc... i am no wrench ,,, have all these problems been ironed out with these ski's yet, or is the same demons haunting most of these boats???? only looking for minor mods exhaust etc etc an go riding,, river and ocean riding,,, but have lil time for wrenching.,, i know everything is mechanical an will have problems eventually, but not out of the box...
    so i guess the question still is has yamaha corrected the sc problems of early year.?? thanx forum. i've hung at my local dock and seen the impressive hole shots of the kaw's they seem similar to the sho's ,,not so much the rxt's,,,
    Last edited by leather; 07-26-2012 at 01:59 PM. Reason: typo error

+1
    They're machines. They're all dependable until they break.(holding door open for the kawi and doo guys to come in) LETS GET READY TO RUMMMMMBLE!!!

+1
    I was actually wondering the same thing today. My guess is the current crop of SeaDoos are the mostly reliable SC'ed skis, but I'm interested to see what input you get.

+1
    I heard these are pretty good...

+1
    Another one of these threads?? Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    I was actually wondering the same thing today. My guess is the current crop of SeaDoos are the mostly reliable SC'ed skis, but I'm interested to see what input you get.
    yeah we"ll see,,, as seen above some stellar responses and jokes already.

Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeGPR View Post
    They're machines. They're all dependable until they break.(holding door open for the kawi and doo guys to come in) LETS GET READY TO RUMMMMMBLE!!!
    kamikaze,, i imagine your at the top of the food chain up linden,, taking no prisoners.. i just sit watch and read the newspaper but take in everything in.. nasty fz you got...

+1
    They are all dependable till they break!!!!!
    Love these threads!

+1
    as the normal question go, it depends on where you ride, rough open seas,choppy lakes or twisty rivers will make a huge differance in what ski you will want, no sence in buying a huge FXSHO if if it will never see the ocean. look into the VXR/S for a lighter high performace well handling ski

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by leather View Post
    i am no wrench ,,, have all these problems been ironed out with these ski's yet, or is the same demons haunting most of these boats???? only looking for minor mods exhaust etc etc an go riding,, river and ocean riding,,, but have lil time for wrenching.,, i know everything is mechanical an will have problems eventually, but not out of the box... so i guess the question still is has yamaha corrected the sc problems of early year.??
    What demons, what problems? The intake grate swap is the only thing I suggest, and we have a sticky on that. It seems like if you have been surfing this site for a year or two, you would already have the answer to your questions. Some of the guys pushing big boost monsters have had to go to the Riva dampener on the SC, but the "early year" Yamahas never had any big issues that would pose a problem for a newbie who is only planning on doing a few "minor mods." We are going on nearly 400 combined hours on our 2009 FZ's and they haven't had any problems at all. Our Sea-Doos had approx. $15K in warranty repairs in 4 years. If you have little time for wrenching and/or maintenance as you say, then Yamaha is a great choice; plus you can get a 5 year warranty on them just in case.

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information