Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Turbo rxp oil pressure

    Simple question am installing a oil gauge on my turbo rxp what is the Idle and full throttle oil pressure have to be thanks


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    469
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by El daddy View Post
    Simple question am installing a oil gauge on my turbo rxp what is the Idle and full throttle oil pressure have to be thanks
    Verda que eres un rookie asere..lol

    This might help if you put the oil pressure gauge on the engine.


    1503 4-TEC NATURALLY ASPIRATED ENGINE
    ENGINE RPM PRESSURE kPa (PSI)

    Idle (cold) 296 - 400 (43 - 58 ) for a short time

    Idle (at 80°C (176°F) Min. 138 (20)

    4000 - 7500 172 - 241 (25 - 35)


    ALL 1503 4-TEC SUPERCHARGED ENGINES
    Idle (cold) 400 - 497 (58 - 72) for a very short time

    Idle (at 80°C (176°F) Min. 138 (20)

    4000 - 7500 172 - 241 (58 - 72)

    Test at the Cylinder Head Location
    Remove plug located on cylinder head and install
    gauge

    RT

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    106
    +1
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPwilly13 View Post
    Verda que eres un rookie asere..lol

    This might help if you put the oil pressure gauge on the engine.


    1503 4-TEC NATURALLY ASPIRATED ENGINE
    ENGINE RPM PRESSURE kPa (PSI)

    Idle (cold) 296 - 400 (43 - 58 ) for a short time

    Idle (at 80°C (176°F) Min. 138 (20)

    4000 - 7500 172 - 241 (25 - 35)


    ALL 1503 4-TEC SUPERCHARGED ENGINES
    Idle (cold) 400 - 497 (58 - 72) for a very short time

    Idle (at 80°C (176°F) Min. 138 (20)

    4000 - 7500 172 - 241 (58 - 72)

    Test at the Cylinder Head Location
    Remove plug located on cylinder head and install
    gauge

    RT

    The Kpa above are the same for NA and SC ski's why not the PSI?

  4. #4
    Vern's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Grand Haven, MI
    Posts
    3,594
    +1
    128
    The oil pressures are different depending on what year engine you have, and where you measure the oil pressure too. Make sure you get pressure info for the right year, and are measuring where the manual states to measure, since there are two places and the measured pressure is different in the different spots.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    469
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ticat928 View Post
    The Kpa above are the same for NA and SC ski's why not the PSI?

    seadoo's usually come equip with an, “idiot code” that will come on when you are low on oil. With an oil pressure gauge you will be able to get a more accurate reading, which will not only tell you that you are low, but it will also let you know precisely what your oil pressure is.
    With proper oil pressure readings you can avoid engine, supercharger, and turbo failures caused by low oil.

    over all though, Superchargers are more reliable than turbos by themselves. This is because of the residual oil that sits inside the bearings can cook due to the high temperatures these turbos operate at; combined with the insane amount of rpms they spin at.


    Also, ball bearing turbochargers require less oil than journal bearing turbos.

  6. #6
    My motor is 08

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. RXP 215 Oil Pressure Switch/Sensor Replacement Procedure?
    By BamaRXP215 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-20-2017, 07:37 PM
  2. oil pressure regulator 07 RXP
    By Chris0060 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-29-2014, 11:55 AM
  3. RXP oil pressure problem
    By Coasty in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 03:39 PM
  4. Best Oil pressure gauge on RXP?
    By Vern in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-06-2010, 03:25 PM
  5. 04 RXP oil pressure
    By jgharen in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-19-2009, 06:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •