sitting for a year?

If a seadoo is a 2011 and only has one hour on it... would that be a safe buy? Not sure how bad it is for them to sit that long. I'm pretty sure it was garaged the whole time.

+1
    It all depends on how it was put away last.
    Most skis up North here sit for 7 or 8 months when the water is too hard to ride on.

Quote Originally Posted by R-Doo View Post
    It all depends on how it was put away last.
    Most skis up North here sit for 7 or 8 months when the water is too hard to ride on.
    This is in TX. we had a very mild winter this last year.

+1
    There is never a safe buy, new or used. I would check it over carefully top to bottom and then check compression. If all that was good, a test ride to make sure it runs well and pulls the correct RPMs. Or at least that is how I would start with it.

Since it is a 2011, it may to be a good idea to check the status on the warranty also.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    There is never a safe buy, new or used. I would check it over carefully top to bottom and then check compression. If all that was good, a test ride to make sure it runs well and pulls the correct RPMs. Or at least that is how I would start with it.

Since it is a 2011, it may to be a good idea to check the status on the warranty also.
    it's in warranty right now, but I think I'll have them toss a extended warranty on it. It only has 1 hour on it... so I'm not sure it will pull how it's supposed to since it will be in break in mode first time out. I'll check it over good again if it's still there when I get there this afternoon. first time I looked at it it looks brand new... no water marks no scuffs nothing.

+1
    Three weeks ago, I purchased a 08 GTX LTD from a dealer with zero hours. So far no problems. He gave me a two year warranty.

I would ask if I could take it for a test ride to make sure it does run right. even though it is not broke in you can open it up for a min or so. For the first 10 hours on my GTI I ran at different speeds and opened it up a few times but only for a min or so and its just fine. Just wondering how it got the 1 hour on it? If the ski has never been sold as in its a 2011 left over sea doo is offering 500 rebate and 2 years extended warranty on 2011 PWCs

Thread Information