Battery on SL 750

Could a battery not charging cause a ski to start boging then eventuallly quit working becasue i charge the thing every night then take it to the lake then it starts bogging after about an hour we i realised the battery isnt charging could this be why

I not too sure on these but definately will on cars. The ignition system requires a certain amount of voltage to be able to generate spark. When the charging system fails and your running on battery power, the weaker the battery the weaker the spark until it wont spark at all. I'm not sure what keeps the batteries charged in skis but I think it is the stator. Magnetos are usually a source of generating electricty for spark on small engines that have no battery. I'm sure you'll get a better answer soon..Good luck

Jim

+1
    I have a 1996 900sl that isn't holding a charge....it starts clean then the engine stalls from the battery not working...what could this be besides the battery? it seems like when I hook up the fresh battery there is a sound near the jet in the back....is something draining the battery? is there something that needs. to be unhooked?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rwolhar View Post
    I have a 1996 900sl that isn't holding a charge....it starts clean then the engine stalls from the battery not working...what could this be besides the battery? it seems like when I hook up the fresh battery there is a sound near the jet in the back....is something draining the battery? is there something that needs. to be unhooked?
    My guess (keep in mind im new around here lol) is that there is something wrong with the stator... Maybe use a volt meter to test the current coming out of the stator?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Check for a failed LR module. Could be draining the battery even with engine off.

See my signature links for more info on how the electrical system works.

Thread Information