Thread: slx1200 problem

slx1200 problem

quick overview bought a 2000 slx1200 80 hours...ran great was on the lake one day wrecked into a wave dead stopped the ski(im thinking there was a hidden log) hood fell off battery bounced everywhere as well as the cdi box( nothing disconnected)... jumped back on it started fine and ran fine. its been parked for about 2 weeks went to fix it/start it wouldnt start it would turn over but not fire... didnt get spark couldnt figure it out finally after just messing around unplugging replugging everything and really just having no idea what i was looking for it started... turned off...started again...turned off started again.. let sit for about 15 minutes it started again....loaded it up to go home got home wouldnt start?!?! I figured it was a bad ground so i put a 4 guage ground from battery to the engine block...seemed to speed up the turn over process but still no start? ANY HELP?

I transcend race Hombre! TBone14's Avatar
    St. Louis, MO
    There is a procedure on here for testing electrical components - search and you'll find it.

Make sure your battery output is above 10.6V while cranking.

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxPro1200's Avatar
    my pro did something like this,turned out to be a bad wire for the stator,the purple one i believe was factured close to the stator housing

i dont see a purple wire im confused...just replaced battery still wont crank

That hood could of killed you. Buy the hood tether kit. Its a polaris update for that ski. I have the same ski. I have it on mine already. About 15.00. Found it on ebay. Well worth the money.

Im a pretty good fabricator made 2 1/8" think metal plates and drilled new holes if it comes off its not the hood thats gonna kill me

its literally held on by 8 3/8" bolts

Thread Information