Lowering stock sponsons question

I am thinking of lowering the stock sponsons on my 08 PX. There seems to be a range for lowering them between 20-25mm. From my searching, some people say drop them 20mm and it will be good for CC racing and rec riding and 23mm is great for CC racing but you need to hang on tight. I have raced a Pro 785 for years with aftermarket sponsons and my question is this. Will 23mm be about what I'm used to or should I stick with 20mm? I rec ride way more than I race these days. I already have a lowered steering block and aftermarket bars as well as a Jettrim seat cover so this is the next step. Thoughts?

+1
    First off there are very few who know the feel of a Polaris 785 pro with Hot seat or Watcon sponsons in a closed course race, there is nothing that compares,
    The Seadoo is so much heaver and longer it is difficult to compare for turning,
    There is a fine line of sponsons being too deep in the water, they really turn great but will throw you off if your not careful,
    60 mph into a corner with a pro 785 is a lot different than 75mph into a corner with a rxp or rxt,
    get some beach house or Rivas so that you can adjust them to your riding preference, I personally in closed course racing like the Les Cooke style blade now,
    see picture of the riva next to a home made custom sponson, I went with something in between,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seadoo sponsons 002.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	249.8 KB 
ID:	278786   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seadoo sponsons 007.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	292.0 KB 
ID:	278787   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seadoo 012.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	302.1 KB 
ID:	278788  
    Last edited by skigolfnut; 07-29-2012 at 05:44 PM.

+1
    I lowered my stock ones 20 and there awesome iv rode other skis with the riva's and stuff but i like the free mod way the best u cant go wrong!!

Quote Originally Posted by skigolfnut View Post
    First off there are very few who know the feel of a Polaris 785 pro with Hot seat or Watcon sponsons in a closed course race, there is nothing that compares,
    The Seadoo is so much heaver and longer it is difficult to compare for turning,
    There is a fine line of sponsons being too deep in the water, they really turn great but will throw you off if your not careful,
    60 mph into a corner with a pro 785 is a lot different than 75mph into a corner with a rxp or rxt,
    get some beach house or Rivas so that you can adjust them to your riding preference, I personally in closed course racing like the Les Cooke style blade now,]
    see picture of the riva next to a home made custom sponson, I went with something in between,
    I agree that it is a different ride between the two. The biggest difference to me is the weight. I guess what I'm looking to see is when people say it bites hard and you better hang on, is it that same type of feeling of the ski just going exactly where you point it when you point it?

+1
    i went from stock 04 to riva sponsons and the stock ones deff hook better even with the rivas in the lowest position.. they just want to allow the ski to slide out in the ass end.... pretty bummed

Thanks everyone

Thread Information