Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Maiden voyage could have gone better

FIrst post been tryIng to read up on forum and learn seems lIke a great place. So I just got 2 new 2012 waverunners. One VXR and VX DELUXE. So the wife and I go out today for the first time and everything is going great for 20 mIns. Then the wives VX starts nose dIvIng as we are IdlIng. so we pull over to a sand bar to check the hull and it is 1/3 full. We brought the ski back to the trailer and went back out on mine so the day wasn't a complete loss. I've to call dealer to see if we can get it in tomorrow. Couldn't figure out where water was coming from. So we are a little frustrated but it could have been worse. On the plus side my ski ran perfect and was a blast to ride.

RXP 260 X Short Course Veteran RXP244's Avatar
    +1
    Bungs?.....Just throwing it out there. I sure everybody is thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RXP244 View Post
    Bungs?.....Just throwing it out there. I sure everybody is thinking the same thing.
    Forgive my ignorance but is the some kind of plug or stopper in the engine bay?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock30sf View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but is the some kind of plug or stopper in the engine bay?
    He's talking about the drain plugs I'm assuming. Sometimes people do leave them out by accident, I've done it myself. At idle I could see the ski taking on a decent ammount of water with the plugs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonic View Post
    He's talking about the drain plugs I'm assuming. Sometimes people do leave them out by accident, I've done it myself. At idle I could see the ski taking on a decent ammount of water with the plugs out.
    Well if that's what he was referencing I can assure you I'm a little smarter then that. Drain plugs were installed at ramp prior to launch. I wish it would have been that simple. Took some wind out of our sail that a brand new ski is having a problem.

+1
    I'd probably put the ski in the water myself and have a look around inside (drained out ofcourse) to see if you notice anything. If not then fire the ski up and see if you notice anything from that point on.

+1
    Hey, I wasn't trying to be a wise guy. But sometimes its the obvious things that get over looked.

Your going to have to follow all the waterlines through the boat from the transom and try and find one loose. Another thing to do would be hook up the flushing hose and try and spot water flooding into the hull from within the system under the hose pressure. Engine running of course, you may just spot a loose hose clamp or fitting.

+1
    Especially when it doesn't float!!! There must be a loose cooling line or thru hull fitting someplace. Yay for warranties! At least you have two skis, so it wasn't a day ender.

Quote Originally Posted by RXP244 View Post
    Hey, I wasn't trying to be a wise guy. But sometimes its the obvious things that get over looked.

Your going to have to follow all the waterlines through the boat from the transom and try and find one loose. Another thing to do would be hook up the flushing hose and try and spot water flooding into the hull from within the system under the hose pressure. Engine running of course, you may just spot a loose hose clamp or fitting.
    No problem it's all good. I did run it on hose and did not see anything obvious. I also ran it around without seat on when we had it out and I could not find where it was coming from. Checked for lose clamps and could not find any.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock30sf View Post
    No problem it's all good. I did run it on hose and did not see anything obvious. I also ran it around without seat on when we had it out and I could not find where it was coming from. Checked for lose clamps and could not find any.
    Well....shit......now I'm stumped.

Did you fill it up with water while its on the trailor and see if it comes out anywhere?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information