Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2006 15F What bolt on performance parts should I install for speed and where to buy?

ride plate, intake grate, air filter, single exhaust pipe.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/ ........10% discount code for most items is .....greenhulk.....air intake, ff exhaust, R&D Ride plate , some tweaking of intake grate and ride plate and getting more air in the hull will get you to 65-66 mph gps.....search will provide alot of info..............

+1
    The RIVA RPM kit for the 06 15F works good. The exhaust ff mod is pita and is a little too loud, if you gut the water box.

Intake grate

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/ ........10% discount code for most items is .....greenhulk.....air intake, ff exhaust, R&D Ride plate , some tweaking of intake grate and ride plate and getting more air in the hull will get you to 65-66 mph gps.....search will provide alot of info..............
    What can i do to the intake grate and ride plate? Is there an exhaust that will not upset the neighbors?

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Start by searching, there are a great deal of very valuable threads covering this very topic. You can leave the stock waterbox alone and just remove the secondary waterbox for a little more sound.

Check in the projects section and in the tech tips and info section. you can also check out my build thread for ideas but it is not a bolt on ski by any means.

Sean

So far on my '04 15F I have: Riva FF exhuast (removed 2nd muffler but no modding 1st), K&N flame restrictor w/ outerwear cover directly on the throttle body, R&D ride plate, Worx intake grate, Riva sponsons, and 14/21 impeller w/ wet bearing mod.

Havent tried it on the lake yet, but in ocean chop and swell, it was handling noticeably better than stock, and felt much quicker. Fast enough it was almost keeping up with my bone stock Aquatrax F15X. That was my goal.
    This was 55.8mph on the Honda and 55.3mph on the kawi 15F. I know it sounds slow, but I'm talking swell hopping, 15mph winds and... catching air every 5 seconds or so (ski's completely out of the water), and both with full tanks of gas.

My initial goal was to get the Kawi to keep up w/ the Honda.. and looks like it's almost there. I still have to silicone the part gaps under the ski.

Good luck!~

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Really keep an eye on your pump bearings. My pump puked all the oil out after a few hours and started to run dry. I have since gone back to grease in the pump.

Sean

+1
    Run a kanaflex tube to the front for your air intake. With the filter being on the TB if any water gets into your hull, the coupling will throw it directly into the air filter. Even with the cover some water will get in. It happened to me a couple times. I actually used the vent tubes from one of my other skis. It is the perfect size. Hose clamp on the TB, run it all the way to the front of the ski. Much cooler and cleaner air with no more worries of water injestion.

Thanks for the tips...

1) watch pump bearings.
    2) run extended tube on TB to the front for cool air and less chance of water injestion.

Will do~

What about modify the stock intake grate?

I have not found info on the stock intake grate for my Kaw 15F
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    Start by searching, there are a great deal of very valuable threads covering this very topic. You can leave the stock waterbox alone and just remove the secondary waterbox for a little more sound.

Check in the projects section and in the tech tips and info section. you can also check out my build thread for ideas but it is not a bolt on ski by any means.

Sean

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information