Stainless Steel VS Stock Plastic wear ring

Performed a search to no avail. Any one running the S.S. wear ring, Im just trying to get the pro's and cons other than the obvious.

Maasin, Southern Leyte, Philippines/CA
    i like the plastic wear ring because it wont damage your impeller,but performance wise i think steel wearings have an edge.

Upstate NY
    I believe SS wear rings are better for performance - tighter fit so less cavitation. But, they have less give than a plastic ring so the impeller is more likely to be damaged if something is sucked through the pump

Well I undestand the whole ss vs impeller and the plastic vs impeller just truely wanting to know were best to spend the money.

The SS ring will eat the props edges and depending how hard and how many hrs you put on the ski in a season you may end up having to get the edges welded & cut again each year.
    I have run both and although I love the the feel of the SS ring I ended up going back to OEM plastic.
    A side note on the SS ring...

You will have to trim the prop edges about .008 to make room for prop flex otherwise you will have a brake drum effect when coming unhooked and water slapping the prop and making it flex upon re-entry. Ever notice the grooves on the OEM rings?

Thread Information