+1

Best Ride palte for top speed and handling

I know you have been through this several times on GH but... I heard that the Farthing rideplate was the cat's meow . I am looking for feedback here?

Yesterday friends (the Clemons) from Lake Anna came down to Smith Mountain Lake, Phil on his FZR and Penny on her 300X. We ran our 300Xs from a dead stop for about a mile and we were dead even the whole time. Penny had an R & D ride plate and R & D grate. I had a R & D grate and a stock ride plate. I think my ski got about 1/4 second on her out of the hole, but she caught up and nobody could pull away. Penny is a good rider and never backed down. The water conditions were Kawasaki all the way. It was glorious until we ran into the rain storm from hell! Hope you guys made it back OK, I got smashed with beebees.

BTW, Phil on his FZR beat me in the calm water and finally beat in the rough stuff. I was suprised that his ski handled SML water so well. I guess its in the driving. LOL! When the 3 of us were riding down the open bay near Bernards, two other Yamis going the other way turned around and wanted to race... so we gave them a shot. After about 10 seconds they were no where in sight. Phil and I laughed our butts off. Good job Phil, you FZR runs.

+1
    Riva, Farthing, TBM are all essentially the same and designed for closed course racing. Not top speed. That said my last 300 did 76.5 with the Riva plate. (And a couple other things )

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FullTilt429 View Post
    Riva, Farthing, TBM are all essentially the same and designed for closed course racing. Not top speed. That said my last 300 did 76.5 with the Riva plate. (And a couple other things )
    .."And a couple other things." LOL! So, you are saying that the Riva plate is the fastest and the best or is the R&D the fastest?

+1

Thread Information