New to the site and the pwc world

Hello everyone My name is Ken and Im new to the pwc world. I have a 2012 sea doo GTI SE 130,I love this ski,I traded my motorcycle in on this ski because I was not riding the bike anymore,plus my wife didnt like to ride the bike either,however I did not expect her to like riding the sea doo as much as she does,so now Im trying to talk her into buying another GTI SE 130,We like everything about the 130 and it is more then fast enough for us.anyway Im wondering how often the wear ring needs replaced,now mind you we do not ride it hard or fast,just out enjoying the water and having fun.We bought the ski this past spring and we have put 40 hours on it already,I have seen pictures of the wear ring and know what it is just dont know how often it needs replaced.Because of the warranty and extended warranty any work is being done by my sea doo dealer.Thanks for the help

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk

Thanks beerdart

+1
    Welcome to GH, if you ride in shallow water the ring will wear quicker. Think of your watercraft as a water vacuum. If you hammer the throttle in shallow water you'll suck muck off the bottom. Best advice is don't slam the throttle in under 4' of water. And for God sake don't be one of those idiots that beach the craft with the throttle and engine running. Shut it off from an idle as you approach the beach and step off and push it up. Beter than that, do what I do and carry a buoy and weighted anchor to secure the machine off the beach!

Thanks dnielsen I try not to ride in shallow water and if I do run into shallow water I slow down and get back into deeper water,here in northeast Ohio all the lakes are low this year,we need rain bad,but can still ride just have to watch for shallow water,they have a lot of buoys out so most shallow areas are marked.I dont beach my ski so no worries there.When I have it winterized do they check the wear ring or check it in the spring? Like I said this is all new to me so I dont want to mess my machine.

+1
    No they won't check it during winterization. You can take a flashlight and look in the pump to get a pretty good idea of it's condition. It is designed to wear out so the prop will last longer. Look for any deep gouges in the material where the blades meet the ring in the pump housing. If memory is correct I think the max clearance should be .035 or so but I would need to check the service manual to be sure as I have long since switched to the SS one. You could ask the stealer to pull the pump and check it if your not mechanically inclined. It's not real labor intensive to check or change out if needed.

Thank you for the info,I always work on my own cars so I should be able to handle this as long as I dont need any special tools,And now at least I know where to look to check it, Thanks again you helped a lot.

Thread Information