Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

76.4mph wit minimal mods...Very happy

I have 08 rxpx with a few mods, riva 3" front air, riva rear exhuast, riva water box, prop repitched by eric @ speedfreeks, set back mod, r&d intake grate, riva reduction nozzle with 82mm ring & intercooler relocation kit with BOV delete. Like that I made 3 test runs and it was 70.3 degrees, 61% humidity and I ran 74.7mph @ 8160rpm

I just put a riva ecu and 50lb injectors in and went n made 3 more test passes tonight and the temp as 70.1 degrees, and the humidity was 94% and it ran 76.4 only turning 8300rpm.

So needless to say with soo much more humidity and only turning 8300 Im very please with picking up just about a solid 2 mph. I think if the humidity was close to the same It would have been a solid 2.

My next mods are gonna have to be a pump wedge, repitch, and a ride plate n hope it runs 80mph.

Anyone else have similar mods to there RXPX and if so what do you run and what are the weather conditions?

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ModularJunk View Post
    I have 08 rxpx with a few mods, riva 3" front air, riva rear exhuast, riva water box, prop repitched by eric @ speedfreeks, set back mod, r&d intake grate, riva reduction nozzle with 82mm ring & intercooler relocation kit with BOV delete. Like that I made 3 test runs and it was 70.3 degrees, 61% humidity and I ran 74.7mph @ 8160rpm

I just put a riva ecu and 50lb injectors in and went n made 3 more test passes tonight and the temp as 70.1 degrees, and the humidity was 94% and it ran 76.4 only turning 8300rpm.

So needless to say with soo much more humidity and only turning 8300 Im very please with picking up just about a solid 2 mph. I think if the humidity was close to the same It would have been a solid 2.

My next mods are gonna have to be a pump wedge, repitch, and a ride plate n hope it runs 80mph.

Anyone else have similar mods to there RXPX and if so what do you run and what are the weather conditions?

If you were running 8160 before, you were touching the limiter....I honestly would get rid of the 3" (which is actually 2.75") and get a 4" setup, volume wise thats a 77% gain in airflow(2.75 to 4") volume feeding the SC.....BTW, is it still the stock SC? If so you might be running too much fuel with the 50's, you need to get a monitor on those AFR's if you can....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    If you were running 8160 before, you were touching the limiter....I honestly would get rid of the 3" (which is actually 2.75") and get a 4" setup, volume wise thats a 77% gain in airflow(2.75 to 4") volume feeding the SC.....BTW, is it still the stock SC? If so you might be running too much fuel with the 50's, you need to get a monitor on those AFR's if you can....
    Yes its still the stock x charger and I am goin to make the switch to a 4" front air as well. This week I am gonna order the 4" kanaflex as well as the pump wedge and see what I gain b4 I repitch the prop.

+1
    Did you upgrade the valve springs before you installed the ecu??

I went 79 with a similar setup plus a riva xx supercharger. That was with an untouched 15/22.

What did Eric do to your prop? Add pitch?

+1
    Running a wedge, and an 82mm ring is a no no,on an X boat, without pressure relief's.
    Don't want to over stuff, and get pitched off at 80.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Did you upgrade the valve springs before you installed the ecu??

I went 79 with a similar setup plus a riva xx supercharger. That was with an untouched 15/22.

No I did not upgrade the valve springs yet. I am waiting for them to come in. Eric said I can get away wit it for a little while wit a stock x charger. But Im waiting for the valve upgrade to come in. Hopefully soon.

What did Eric do to your prop? Add pitch?
    idk what eric did to the prop to be honest. I bought this ski and another one from a customer of his. Everything was done b4 I got it. I just picked the skis up 2 weeks ago. I just added the ecu n injectors. If I asked Eric im sure he would tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    Running a wedge, and an 82mm ring is a no no,on an X boat, without pressure relief's.
    Don't want to over stuff, and get pitched off at 80.
    Psycho I appreciate the input about this. One of my biggest fears of owning an X was the over stuff. Eric told me n showed me a few other customers skis which also are X's that run 80 and up with the fastest being 87 and non of them have a pump relief and non of them have any issues with spinning out. I have heard from a few people that the intake grate plays a huge roll on spinning out. Idk if this is all 100% true but over the winter I do plan to do a pump relief just for added safety. Im no pro just saying what I have heard from a few people. This is also why I asked how fast people have gone n with what mods on there X. Thanks again for your help. Greatly appreciated

+1
    You dont "spin out". You fly over the handle bars....., usually.
    With the stock SC, 50's, Riva ecu and no rrfpr you are rich. Drill and tap your exhaust, get a rrfpr and monitor afr's, are you are leaving speed on the table.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    You dont "spin out". You fly over the handle bars....., usually.
    With the stock SC, 50's, Riva ecu and no rrfpr you are rich. Drill and tap your exhaust, get a rrfpr and monitor afr's, are you are leaving speed on the table.
    I was curious who make a nice pressure relief kit and how hard is it to install? Also whats the smallest injector I can get away wit with the riva ecu n stock x blower? I really dont want to put a wideband on the x. I also purchased a 07 rxp with the x and the rxp has a ton of mods. Has the riva read air, c kit blower with an egine tech wheel upgrade, 50lb injectors, valve upgrade, riva ecu, rrfpr, gss342 pump, pump wedge, reduction nozzle, water box, j pipe mod, intake grate, prop, set back mod, pro block offs. Ski needs some tlc so im in the process of goin threw a few things on it. That ski has a boost gauge and a bung in the j pipe for a wide band. That ski is more for really crazy speeds. I dont wanna put gauges on the x or wide band. I like how it looks stock, then I pick on a few people...lol.

+1
    Great numbers

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    You dont "spin out". You fly over the handle bars
    lol'd

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information