Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2004 RXP

2004 RXP

hey guys purchasing 2 seadoo rxp's from a friend..and would like to know if its anything i need to know to replace or fix when i get them.. one has 102hrs and the other 106hrs...he said b4 his warrenty was up and b4 it hit 100 hours they replaced both superchargers and did the washer upgrade to them and they have always been serviced at seadoo...is there anything i need to look for? i know i can look at the superchargers to see if the washers where replaced..im picking them up for $8000 with double trailer,covers,etc so i feel its a pretty damn good deal...I think i will look at getting another extended warrenty on them because i feel like it pays for itself if something goes wrong...does warrenty cover basic maintaince also?

How much does the ususally run to purchase an extended warrenty thru seadoo? and after the rxps have their 100hr service how reliable are they? thats the main thing im concerned about what them to be reliable..also how fast does the rxp able to top out at?

thanks guys!!!!!!!!

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by slow02gt View Post
    hey guys purchasing 2 seadoo rxp's from a friend..and would like to know if its anything i need to know to replace or fix when i get them.. one has 102hrs and the other 106hrs...he said b4 his warrenty was up and b4 it hit 100 hours they replaced both superchargers and did the washer upgrade to them and they have always been serviced at seadoo...is there anything i need to look for? i know i can look at the superchargers to see if the washers where replaced..im picking them up for $8000 with double trailer,covers,etc so i feel its a pretty damn good deal...I think i will look at getting another extended warrenty on them because i feel like it pays for itself if something goes wrong...does warrenty cover basic maintaince also?

How much does the ususally run to purchase an extended warrenty thru seadoo? and after the rxps have their 100hr service how reliable are they? thats the main thing im concerned about what them to be reliable..also how fast does the rxp able to top out at?

thanks guys!!!!!!!!

$8000 with a trailer, those hours, and the SC's have been serviced/upgraded....Thats a DEAL!

I don't know about getting an extended on them, they are 8 years old already....Only concern is how they were stored in the winter time, and any rust on the exhaust valves (which are prone to fail)...

+1
    Change out the exhaust valves before they go boom...

how would i go about changing the exhaust valves? they havent been sitting he takes them out.. they where just out last weekend so everything should be good an rust free right?

and we are texas part where i live winters arent to long lol...last christmas it was 80* lol..

thanks guys!!!!!!!!
    The part on your post that got my attention is "why" did they replaced both supercharger under 100 hours. 100 hours is the due hours to rebuilt the chargers per the Doo Bible, unless they both suffer supercharger failure. Look up the records. Also FYI, I got a letter from SeaDoo. The letter is about a lawsuit filed against them. Looks like SeaDoo finally admitted that they made a Boo Boo and ready to fork out some dinero for the poor SOB that suffered blown engines because of the ceramic washers something for you to be aware of, not sure if that covers you down the road since you will be the second owner. Good luck

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Just a tip, you need to be mechanically inclined and understand how these motors work to own one of these...jmo

and we are texas part where i live winters arent to long lol...last christmas it was 80* lol..
    You should really try to practice "winterizing" your ski

To much is never enough Badvgood's Avatar
    +1
    Exhaust valves - See this thread - http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=169011

Also on the 2004 - Flywheel bolts caused a few issues and the much spoke of ceramic washers on the supercharger.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    The part on your post that got my attention is "why" did they replaced both supercharger under 100 hours. 100 hours is the due hours to rebuilt the chargers per the Doo Bible, unless they both suffer supercharger failure. Look up the records. Also FYI, I got a letter from SeaDoo. The letter is about a lawsuit filed against them. Looks like SeaDoo finally admitted that they made a Boo Boo and ready to fork out some dinero for the poor SOB that suffered blown engines because of the ceramic washers something for you to be aware of, not sure if that covers you down the road since you will be the second owner. Good luck
    since his friend owned the dealer where he bought them and serviced them..b4 his warrenty ran up he said they replaced everything they could under warrenty..which is what i would do to if i had the hookup like that lol..and the letter you got should apply to the skis...shouldnt matter the owner if they look up under the skis vin and see it wasnt done would you think?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information