2001 seadoo xp - running like crap

I have a 2001 seadoo xp. Here is my problem:

When I hook up the water hose to the port at the rear of the seadoo, and crank it up, you can give it full throtle and it will rev up to about 7,500 rpm's. As soon as you put it in the water, and crank it, you can give it full throtle and it will onl rev up to 3,500 rpm's and will mot go any faster.

I then took the whole top end apart and cleaned it compleatly and blew out all of the fuel ways. While I had everything apart, I replaced all of the grey fuel lines with black automotive fuel lines. I also took apart the fuel controle valve and cleaned it with air.

After i put everything back together, i ran it on the water hose and it seemed to run great! i then put it in the water and it took forever to crank, i didnt think it was going to and then it finally did. I then let it idol around the dock for about 5 min. Finally I gave it full throtle and it went streight to 3500-3900 rpm's and wouldnt go any higher for a min or so then all of a sudden it jumped to 7500 rpm's and about threw me off the back of it as it jumped on top of te water and took off!

I then thought that it was finally fixed, but as soon as i thought that, it started cuttung back down and stuck at 3500 rpms for a min or two and then once again out of nowhere, took off at 7500 rpm's. i rode it like that for a min or so and all of a sudden i went from 70 to 0 in one second and it cut off completly. I cranked it right back up and it took off at 7500 rpm's then bogged back down to 3500 for a couple of seconds then cut off and i havent been able to crank it since.

please help
    John

+1
    Haha funny stuff , sorry. I would say its fuel related.

Your carbs need a complete tear down and washed in a bath of fuel and every orifice blown out with compressed air.

The small fuel filter screens are probably blocked as well.

Have a look here for detailed information on fuel cleaning http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27314

+1
    7500 rpm? Modified ski? The 951 engine shutting down at full throttle is a very good sign of engine damage. Yes, it sounds like you have fueling issues and a motor to rebuild

yes, it is a mod engine. I didnt do the work, the previous owner did. I took the ski out today and it ran good for about 20 min. fast acc and good speed and rpms. Then after 20 min, it started spuddering and would not let the rpms go above 3500. what could be wrong?!

Quote Originally Posted by jsh164 View Post
    yes, it is a mod engine. I didnt do the work, the previous owner did. I took the ski out today and it ran good for about 20 min. fast acc and good speed and rpms. Then after 20 min, it started spuddering and would not let the rpms go above 3500. what could be wrong?!
    see posts # 2&3

Thread Information