Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Cutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    160
    +1
    3

    Need help with trouble code P0562

    What can cause this code? Checked fuses and plugs but everything seems ok. As soon as I put the ski in the water the cluster flashes the battery icon. Battery is brand new as well.

    Thanks.


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    What can cause this code? Checked fuses and plugs but everything seems ok. As soon as I put the ski in the water the cluster flashes the battery icon. Battery is brand new as well.

    Thanks.
    That code is a Low Battery code. If you posted that YOU have a brand new Battery, try cleaning the terminals.If you can find another battery that you know is good, try that one too. Also, inspect all your electrical outlet and connectors. I just checked of what ski you have ....an '04 RXP, if that is the ski in problem, then I would start on the electrical plugs and connectors. Good luck. BTW when you posted that when you put the ski in H2O it starts happening? maybe an electrical short? Butt, H2O only touch the Hull and the outside parts? Try starting the ski on the trailer and see what you get. Don't forget to put the hose in the flushing inlet

  3. #3
    To much is never enough Badvgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    699
    +1
    31

  4. #4
    Cutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    160
    +1
    3
    No its not my ski its a buddies I'm working on. It did it 1st with his old battery while he was out riding. Battery ended up ring completely dead and had to be towed in. Put a new 1 in and did it again. So weird cause when you run it on the trailer its fine. Is the plug by the ecu the only terminal for the charging system?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    No its not my ski its a buddies I'm working on. It did it 1st with his old battery while he was out riding. Battery ended up ring completely dead and had to be towed in. Put a new 1 in and did it again. So weird cause when you run it on the trailer its fine. Is the plug by the ecu the only terminal for the charging system?
    just a guess, with the battery connected start the ski, let it run for a few seconds. If the code comes up, clear the code. disconnect the Battery. wait for the next day. connect the battery back on. make sure the New battery has a full charge. Also make sure the new Battery has the proper amount of "Cranking" amps to start that ski. The reason I posted this is that I have a customer come up to me for help on a Honda 90 HP outboard. He got charge $400.00 dollars for labor + parts (spark plugs) He took it out and he does not have Full power. To make the story short, the marine mechanic did not clear the code after he replaced the spark plug, which wasen't the problem to begin with. I change the O2 sensor and cleared the code and He had Full Power like out of the showroom. Nowadays ass we all head out to the future with this new skis and cars,boats etc,etc.....it only gets complicated. Sorry about the long post butt I want you to understand how things are made now and how many ways to attack the problem. Good luck

  6. #6
    Cutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    160
    +1
    3
    Any other ideas what could cause this ski not to charge the battery?

  7. #7
    tick.. tick.. RXPteamtimebomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    726
    +1
    13
    I am interested as well.. My ski all season has flashed the p0562 code and 12v low every once in a while when I put the key on it but as soon as I run it for a min on the water I don't get the code again all ride.. Could the battery just have low cranking amps? It was a new battery last season.. Sometimes if I ride 2 days in a row it won't even do it, just if it's been sitting in the garage a few days or more

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    106
    +1
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    Any other ideas what could cause this ski not to charge the battery?
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44420

    Have you changed flywheel bolts?

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    106
    +1
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPteamtimebomb View Post
    I am interested as well.. My ski all season has flashed the p0562 code and 12v low every once in a while when I put the key on it but as soon as I run it for a min on the water I don't get the code again all ride.. Could the battery just have low cranking amps? It was a new battery last season.. Sometimes if I ride 2 days in a row it won't even do it, just if it's been sitting in the garage a few days or more
    I went with a Braille Racing battery from tire rack, its is very close to stock size but puts out 1300 pulse CC amps more than enough to start a high compression big block, never had a problem again.

    http://www.braillebattery.com/

    http://www.braillebattery.com/index....atteries/b3121

    This is the battery I have, it has been 4-yrs since I needed my tow rope.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    106
    +1
    7
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1812

    I can vouch for this battery as well, my brother has used this brand in his vintage BMW motorcycles with great success


    Volts 12
    Amp Hours 28
    CCA 380
    Length 6.64
    Width 7.05
    Height 5.04
    Weight (29.9)
    Terminals M6 Female
    Warranty 1 Year
    Chemistry AGM
    Polarity Left
    ODYSSEY PC925 BATTERY
    Item # : AS-PC925-AB47812
    Description
    Odyssey (Drycell) batteries are military grade batteries and have endured rigorous tests that demonstrate their overall ruggedness and exceptional tolerance of mechanical abuse. The Odyssey battery offers higher cranking amps and additional reserve capacity as compared to the stock battery. Adding water is a thing of the past and corrosion will cease to exist.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Odyssey.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	279926  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-24-2013, 06:22 PM
  2. need help with a PO546 code
    By homebrew in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2009, 05:54 PM
  3. Need help with pump issue
    By Flyer in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-23-2006, 05:40 PM
  4. Need help with a Sony Handycam
    By kenshin89 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 06:42 PM
  5. Need help with 04 S.C. rebuild
    By Turbo Todd in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-10-2006, 08:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •