Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Need help with trouble code P0562

What can cause this code? Checked fuses and plugs but everything seems ok. As soon as I put the ski in the water the cluster flashes the battery icon. Battery is brand new as well.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    What can cause this code? Checked fuses and plugs but everything seems ok. As soon as I put the ski in the water the cluster flashes the battery icon. Battery is brand new as well.

Thanks.
    That code is a Low Battery code. If you posted that YOU have a brand new Battery, try cleaning the terminals.If you can find another battery that you know is good, try that one too. Also, inspect all your electrical outlet and connectors. I just checked of what ski you have ....an '04 RXP, if that is the ski in problem, then I would start on the electrical plugs and connectors. Good luck. BTW when you posted that when you put the ski in H2O it starts happening? maybe an electrical short? Butt, H2O only touch the Hull and the outside parts? Try starting the ski on the trailer and see what you get. Don't forget to put the hose in the flushing inlet

To much is never enough Badvgood's Avatar
    +1

+1
    No its not my ski its a buddies I'm working on. It did it 1st with his old battery while he was out riding. Battery ended up ring completely dead and had to be towed in. Put a new 1 in and did it again. So weird cause when you run it on the trailer its fine. Is the plug by the ecu the only terminal for the charging system?

No its not my ski its a buddies I'm working on. It did it 1st with his old battery while he was out riding. Battery ended up ring completely dead and had to be towed in. Put a new 1 in and did it again. So weird cause when you run it on the trailer its fine. Is the plug by the ecu the only terminal for the charging system?
    just a guess, with the battery connected start the ski, let it run for a few seconds. If the code comes up, clear the code. disconnect the Battery. wait for the next day. connect the battery back on. make sure the New battery has a full charge. Also make sure the new Battery has the proper amount of "Cranking" amps to start that ski. The reason I posted this is that I have a customer come up to me for help on a Honda 90 HP outboard. He got charge $400.00 dollars for labor + parts (spark plugs) He took it out and he does not have Full power. To make the story short, the marine mechanic did not clear the code after he replaced the spark plug, which wasen't the problem to begin with. I change the O2 sensor and cleared the code and He had Full Power like out of the showroom. Nowadays ass we all head out to the future with this new skis and cars,boats etc,etc.....it only gets complicated. Sorry about the long post butt I want you to understand how things are made now and how many ways to attack the problem. Good luck

+1
    Any other ideas what could cause this ski not to charge the battery?

+1
    I am interested as well.. My ski all season has flashed the p0562 code and 12v low every once in a while when I put the key on it but as soon as I run it for a min on the water I don't get the code again all ride.. Could the battery just have low cranking amps? It was a new battery last season.. Sometimes if I ride 2 days in a row it won't even do it, just if it's been sitting in the garage a few days or more

+1
    Any other ideas what could cause this ski not to charge the battery?
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44420

Have you changed flywheel bolts?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPteamtimebomb View Post
    I am interested as well.. My ski all season has flashed the p0562 code and 12v low every once in a while when I put the key on it but as soon as I run it for a min on the water I don't get the code again all ride.. Could the battery just have low cranking amps? It was a new battery last season.. Sometimes if I ride 2 days in a row it won't even do it, just if it's been sitting in the garage a few days or more
    I went with a Braille Racing battery from tire rack, its is very close to stock size but puts out 1300 pulse CC amps more than enough to start a high compression big block, never had a problem again.

http://www.braillebattery.com/

http://www.braillebattery.com/index....atteries/b3121

This is the battery I have, it has been 4-yrs since I needed my tow rope.

+1
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1812

I can vouch for this battery as well, my brother has used this brand in his vintage BMW motorcycles with great success

Volts 12
    Amp Hours 28
    CCA 380
    Length 6.64
    Width 7.05
    Height 5.04
    Weight (29.9)
    Terminals M6 Female
    Warranty 1 Year
    Chemistry AGM
    Polarity Left
    ODYSSEY PC925 BATTERY
    Item # : AS-PC925-AB47812
    Description
    Odyssey (Drycell) batteries are military grade batteries and have endured rigorous tests that demonstrate their overall ruggedness and exceptional tolerance of mechanical abuse. The Odyssey battery offers higher cranking amps and additional reserve capacity as compared to the stock battery. Adding water is a thing of the past and corrosion will cease to exist.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Odyssey.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	279926  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information