Engine trouble 1999 sea doo challager 1800

So I've he'd this boat for 12 years, been nothing but a pleasure. I'm only at the cottage for the month of july, so we put about 15 hours a year on it. It's professionally stored and serviced at a marina. Last yerin the port engine I notices that it would not hold a rpm. When both engines should be at say 5000 rpm, the port would vary from 3000 to 5000. I explained this to the marina, told them to run a full test on it. Meh camr back and said it was just a fouled spark plug. Boat in water this year, after about an hour same thing can't hold the proper rpm. Also hard to start. Bumbled as we didn't use the bot much, and I'm not afraid to invest money in he boat as its in mint shape as we don't drive it much. Any thoughts? I'm a big loser at this stuff, but someone suggested a fuel filter problem? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockarolla70 View Post
    So I've he'd this boat for 12 years, been nothing but a pleasure. I'm only at the cottage for the month of july, so we put about 15 hours a year on it. It's professionally stored and serviced at a marina. Last yerin the port engine I notices that it would not hold a rpm. When both engines should be at say 5000 rpm, the port would vary from 3000 to 5000. I explained this to the marina, told them to run a full test on it. Meh camr back and said it was just a fouled spark plug. Boat in water this year, after about an hour same thing can't hold the proper rpm. Also hard to start. Bumbled as we didn't use the bot much, and I'm not afraid to invest money in he boat as its in mint shape as we don't drive it much. Any thoughts? I'm a big loser at this stuff, but someone suggested a fuel filter problem? Thanks in advance!
    when was the last time the carb`s were rebuilt and fuel filters changed? also the rave valves cleaned... carb starving and rave valve share those symptoms.

It is not the amount of hours used per year that dictates maintenance. The boat sitting for long periods of time idle does bad things alone. even stabilized fuel can`t protect every aspect of the carb.
    water/sand are common with fueling up on the waterways and marina`s.

did the shop do a compression test?
    Did they hook up the B.U.D.S.? how many hours are actually on the boat?

don`t worry, you`ll get thru this, and enjoy it again! but being the busy time of year it might take some time... I don`t recommend riding it this way until you have it repaired...

The last owner of my boat continued to ride with all the issues and look at that mess...
    Good luck! and hope it is as simple as a carb rebuild, filter change, and don`t forget the oil injection filters as well...

Rock, post some pics of this bad boy, Glad to see another on the board!

Thread Information