Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toms River, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    26

    Is this a normal

    is this normal for a sho if it is what happened and how can i stop it from happening again thanks


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0630.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	278882Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0628.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	278883


  2. #2
    THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,194
    +1
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by fast08fxsho View Post
    is this normal for a sho if it is what happened and how can i stop it from happening again thanks


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0630.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	278882Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0628.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	278883
    It does happen the motor has to come out and the pan has to be removed to get all the pieces out of the motor.
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1844

  3. #3
    SpeedDemon99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Strong Island, NY
    Posts
    452
    +1
    20
    I'm like shocked at that gear dampener being $800, SC's are such an expensive pain in the ass.

  4. #4
    Jarrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Waxahachie, TX
    Posts
    3,011
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    It does happen the motor has to come out and the pan has to be removed to get all the pieces out of the motor.
    Damn sorry to see hear this, fast08fxsho. I've been told the same thing a few times in the past as well on another platform.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedDemon99 View Post
    I'm like shocked at that gear dampener being $800, SC's are such an expensive pain in the ass.
    After being one of the first to buy a 2004 RXP and getting a crash course in supercharger damage, repair and maintenance; I have to say I'm happier and happier each day with my N/A VXS.

  5. +1 by:


  6. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toms River, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedDemon99 View Post
    I'm like shocked at that gear dampener being $800, SC's are such an expensive pain in the ass.
    This clutch had 4 hrs on it. The clutch part is fine excep there are no teeth left. Did I install it wrong ? Why did this happen ? I would love to know so I don't do the same thing again

  7. #6
    Carbonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    448
    +1
    32
    It seems to be something that can go at any point in time. I wouldnt say you installed it wrong because it only has 4 hours on it, it's hard to say that much. They arent too reliable though...

  8. #7
    YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    3,142
    +1
    255
    i have a used clutch and a new clutch, with gear and pins, let me know 305-335-6779 or pm me. both units are 2009

  9. #8
    Ace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NAPLES, FL
    Posts
    138
    +1
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    After being one of the first to buy a 2004 RXP and getting a crash course in supercharger damage, repair and maintenance; I have to say I'm happier and happier each day with my N/A VXS.
    The's the truth Truth.

    Sorry to see that happened fast08fxsho

  10. #9
    Kelly_A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Central Oklahoma
    Posts
    660
    +1
    17
    Hopefully, you'll be able to get the newest third generation version for your replacement. I believe it was the second generation was the one prone to teeth sheer, think it was just the assembly seeking the weakest point.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Is this noise normal? Yamaha fzr 2009 and remove the Restricter filter?
    By oste-frans in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-16-2016, 06:02 PM
  2. Is this a normal color of a spark plug?
    By matsuka.vitaliy in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-16-2015, 01:35 PM
  3. Is this gap normal on the ride plate?
    By xray328 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-13-2011, 03:07 AM
  4. Fuel Presure Drop at WOT ,is this situation normal ?
    By Teerayoot in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-13-2010, 07:33 AM
  5. Is this normal???? Plug not connected....?
    By GeoRXT in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-29-2006, 09:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •