Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Just purchased skis did I get a good price?

New to the board and wanted to run a few things by members. I am just welcoming myself to the personal watercraft club after purchasing a 2012 RXT 260 and a used 2008 RXT 255 with 58 hours. First thing I want to ask is the price I paid for 2012 was 15,100 with double trailer was that a good deal? I thought it was but again not sure because I've never owned one. The second ski I paid 7500$ for and the guy still has one year left on the BEST warranty. So total package price was about 23k what do you guys think? Also I've kind of second guessed my choice of the RXT 260 and not the X model. I could have paid about 1200$ more and got the X but couldn't see any real bonuses besides seat and X boost. Did I make a mistake and which one would you guys have gotten? Anyway thanks just wanted to share my experience with the board.

+1
    You did pretty good I would say....The Double trailer is probably worth about a grand, so you really paid 14 and some change for the RXT. The price for the 255 was about the going rate for those ski's. The RXT is a good ski, I only bought the X because I thought it looked better, and I wanted the as model so I would have the adjustable suspension.

Hell man, quit worrying about it and go ride!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jsiouan View Post
    You did pretty good I would say....The Double trailer is probably worth about a grand, so you really paid 14 and some change for the RXT. The price for the 255 was about the going rate for those ski's. The RXT is a good ski, I only bought the X because I thought it looked better, and I wanted the as model so I would have the adjustable suspension.

Hell man, quit worrying about it and go ride!
    Trust me I'm trying to I just started kicking myelf, because I thought damn I could have gotten the X but from reading on this board it seems most said the riding experience was the same and for the added features it wasn't worth the price hike. I'm pretty happy with my purchase though. I went through hell to find the right dealer to work with me. Excited and ready that's for sure.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    .......just askin, but why would you ask after you bought it? really?

+1
    I htink you did fine. I have an 08 RXT-X and I would not take less then 7500.00 for it. It has about 50 hours on it... Have fun and ride!!!
    Ripper

I paid $12,900 for my 2012 RXT 260. I didn't even have to haggle. So either you got ripped on the ski or you paid $2,200 for the double trailer and unless it's a Triton you got ripped on that too.

+1
    Go to bed. Everything sounds good. In the big picture $1000.00 either way, won't change your life. Especially if you've got sixty months to pay.....alright, just kidding! Haha! Enjoy!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven63 View Post
    I paid $12,900 for my 2012 RXT 260. I didn't even have to haggle. So either you got ripped on the ski or you paid $2,200 for the double trailer and unless it's a Triton you got ripped on that too.
    Considering I bought it in the summer mid season and that I actually got 84 month term I don't think it was terrible. The Moro is like 13699 if you got it for 12900 that's great he rolled more into the ski because Sheffield wouldn't finance my trailer. Which was only a g as it was used so tax license I paid 14100 for the ski. Ripped off? Not really in my opinion over paid maybe. My payment is only 235 so I'm happy other wise. I'd love to have your price but I live in California and working a deal in summer isn't all that easy. As for the used ski I did well on it it's clean with warranty trying to get transferred

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sea-one View Post
    Because I just wanted to run it by the board it's pretty much my decision on what I felt was a good deal at the time but as humans we always look for confirmation in others to see how we did. That's why. No one in my family has a jet ski so we had slim knowledge of prices and how much dealers drop them in price

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sea-one View Post
    Thanks man taking them out tomorrow appreciate it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information