Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HElP with my rxp-x cooler please

Been going through this forum for a long time and first time poster. great place for knowledge. i have just recently purchased my first ski 6 months ago. it is a 2008 rxp-x. yesterday i removed the cooler to put a inline water strainer then realised i had some corrosion on it. started cleaning it and filled cooler with water and noticed water leaking out at multiple places. all up the cooler has 8 holes in it. 6 of them are 1-2mm. the other is probably 2-3 mm and the last one is big enough for me to poke my pinky through. i have holes in the water jacket and boost leak. i dont have much money to spend on it and am looking at fixing the problem asap. will it be more suitable t go aftermarket cooler or stick to an oem cooler. i dont want to remove OPAS or go a through hull exhaust. i currently have the riva intake and free flow exhaust. just want to know the best solution so i can go riding asap. the ski has 100hours on it. im located in sydney australia. have also been quoted $1300 for a new oem cooler. HELP ASAP PLEAS!!!!!!!

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    use a new fizzle HE cooler kit...you can still use opas and stock exhaust, but you just have to remove the resonator and use a free flow pipe. around $800 for all parts and youll have a better cooler

+1
    I had the same issue with my stock intercooler.
    The cheapest option would be to find another one in good condition in the classifieds, they come up every now and again. Otherwise, what was stated above is a good option.

would it be possible to fit the fizzle cooler where the standard cooler goes or do i need to buy the whole kit and use the new brackets? reason i ask is because i just cant be stuffed fitting it in.

+1
    I think this has been tried, and been unsuccessful... I could be wrong though. If you get in touch with JFizzle via PM, he will let you know I'm sure.

+1
    The stock location is not a very efficient spot because the piping has too many bends
    It is extra work to do the relocation but after you will have more room to work on the SC

Ok so to confirm with the guys that have a 2008-09 rxpx will the fizzle cooler with all the new brackets and piping be a simple bolt in or do I need to do some fabrication? I have two mates using the fizzle cooler in a rxp so a little unsure if it will work with a rxpx

+1
    It will work in YOUR RXP_X. You just need to remove the big exhaust plastic resonator and I believe you said you did this already as you mentioned you have a Free flow exhaust. The new Fizzle Bracket bolts on a pump shoe bolts and is fairly simple to install. I am not sure if FIzzles kit gives you a new VTS bracket, so you may have to Drill out the revets from you stock IC bracket to keep the VTS bracket parts.
    IMO it is nice haveing the VTS out of the way anyway, so you can see what your doing better as a first timmer. You then could do a Rear air with the Stock Cooler out of the way as Fizzles cooler sets it off to the side. You have so many better options with your Cooler Relocated. Trust us.

See how the IC is over to the side? This is Fizzles First IC. But on a Riva bracket. He was nice enough to sell me just the IC. as mine blew up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4560.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	278971  

Is there any other way of remounting the VGA without chopping the original bracket. Thinking about selling the stock cooler and bracket to recoupe some money. I have decided to go with the fizzle he cooler and new bracketing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by simon View Post
    Been going through this forum for a long time and first time poster. great place for knowledge. i have just recently purchased my first ski 6 months ago. it is a 2008 rxp-x. yesterday i removed the cooler to put a inline water strainer then realised i had some corrosion on it. started cleaning it and filled cooler with water and noticed water leaking out at multiple places. all up the cooler has 8 holes in it. 6 of them are 1-2mm. the other is probably 2-3 mm and the last one is big enough for me to poke my pinky through. i have holes in the water jacket and boost leak. i dont have much money to spend on it and am looking at fixing the problem asap. will it be more suitable t go aftermarket cooler or stick to an oem cooler. i dont want to remove OPAS or go a through hull exhaust. i currently have the riva intake and free flow exhaust. just want to know the best solution so i can go riding asap. the ski has 100hours on it. im located in sydney australia. have also been quoted $1300 for a new oem cooler. HELP ASAP PLEAS!!!!!!!
    I can't believe your next post!

Quote Originally Posted by simon View Post
    Is there any other way of remounting the VGA without chopping the original bracket. Thinking about selling the stock cooler and bracket to recoupe some money. I have decided to go with the fizzle he cooler and new bracketing.
    Bro didn't I read your post correctly? You said your cooler had corosion in it and was a mess? Qouted you above I did just re read your first post? DUDE, DOnt screw someone with your junk! Throw the shit in the trash.
    Ole my god!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information