Hey! New '12 STX-15F owner

Hey guys,

I just bought a brand new 2012 Kawsaki STX-15F about 2 months ago now.

This is my first jet ski ever and I have wanted a jet ski ever since I was a kid. Since my parents moved up to NW Iowa with a house a hop and a skip away from the Okobojis in Iowa, I couldn't resist.

I'll post up pics soon but she already has 26 hours on her. I manually checked the 10 hour service interval stuff myself and had it in the shop for them to do the 25 hour service interval work. Any other recommendations beyond the owner's manual to extend the life of my jet ski as long as possible?

Loving it so far! I have been 61mph on the water, it handles well, and I love sitting so close to the water compared to some other jet ski brands

Just thought I'd stop in and say hi as a new member and new jet ski owner. Thanks for your time

Welcome & Congrats on your first Jetski!

The jet pump bearing check is one of the first 25 hour check items.
    Did the shop tell you anything about it or do you know if they replaced any bearings or seals there?

Quote Originally Posted by meangreenman View Post
    Welcome & Congrats on your first Jetski!

Thanks!

The jet pump bearing check is one of the first 25 hour check items.
    Did the shop tell you anything about it or do you know if they replaced any bearings or seals there?
    What I did was I printed out the full list of 25 hour check items on a word document and they went ahead and went through the list and checked off everything on it that they supposedly completed. I purchased and take it to an authorized dealer up here in Okoboji for maintenance so I hope they know what they are doing

They did not tell me that they replaced any bearings or seals. It is not on the ticket either, so I'm going to presume they just checked them and they checked out fine

I admit I am definitely not anything near a mechanic and have no clue what I'm doing. For that, I'll likely purchase the extended warranty and have it serviced the recommended intervals and cross my fingers for some good luck long term

Thread Information