+1

1999 seadoo gtx limited bogging

Ok, I bought a 1999 seadoo GTX limited, Owner said it has been sitting for 7 years only has 79.8 hours. So I bring it home drain all the fuel out of it put fresh 93 octain from Shell in it, Boom fires up ran good on the trailer. Put it in the water ran good till 5000 RPM then was cutting out so I bring it home pull the carbs and find that the screens are half plugged, So cleaned them all up took out ran perfect. So i fill it up with 93 octain from Shell again take it out for a full day and twards the end of my day, I go to take off from floating with some buddys and i lost low end launch, started bogging and not wanting to take off and even DIE some times,But when you get it past that point it with run perfect like new 67mph revs good power band is there, So that being said the compression in it is MAG-130 and PTO-130 i read some where that 135 is perfect for a 951cc . so tell me what you guys think THANKS

I would start with a complete fuel system cleaning. If you follow the sticky at the top of the 2-stroke page you'll be fine. Also clean the rave valves out and make sure everything in there is moving fine. Next I would clip the spark plug wires back about 1/4 inch.

Also, if it has gray fuel lines, get those off asap and replace with any non fuil injection line.

Should get ya started in the right direction.

3. +1 by:

I've got a 99 GTX Limited as well that had the same exact issues,

rebuilt the carbs, replaced the fuel lines and come to find out my accelerator pump diaphragm was toast. Replaced that and it fixed all the problems

5. +1 by:

+1
    Ok, yeah ill do the accelerator pump, carbs, and fuel line, and it dose have the grey fuel line yet. new fuel line need to be marine or dosnt much matter?. and is there any kind of in line fuel restrictor? thanks

I have the same problem with my 2000 GTX. I just finished replacing the fuel lines and cleaning the carbs (including the screens). Mine bogs below 2000 rpms if throttle is pushed all the way in. If just half or a little more throttle is used until 2000 rpms no issues and no issues at higher rpms at full throttle. I started a similar thread and it was mentioned to adjust the low speed screws (I have not had a chance to try this yet).

Question on the accelerator pump diaphragm mentioned in a previous post. Is that on the rear carb at the rear of the carb (part of the carb farthest to the back of the watercraft)? When cleaning the screens I found a diaphragm in the front carb on the side nearest to the front of the watercraft. That appeared to be okay (no holes and the screw holes lined up after cleaning the carbs so did not appear to shrink). Sounds like that is not the accelerator pump though.

Any easy way to test if the accelerator pump is working?

Thanks

+1
    i beleive the accelerator pump has the arm that runs off a roller and cam at one end of the carbs

Thread Information