Looking for a Hurricane update kit 2873022 99 SLTH won't start.

I have a 99 polaris slth won't start and once it does it won't restart. I tested the coil and it is out of specs. So it has a bad coil but i want to do the entire upgrade if I can find it. This ski does NOT have the upgraded electrical. I think the cdi is the 148 numbered one. It really only has a bad coil but would like to do the whole assembly to eliminate future problems.

I ordered the same kit from Babbitts last week. On Friday they credited back the $s. I called and they said it was discontinued and no longer available.

Hi I got my ignition update kit from Maybe a month and a half ago. Maybe they still have some.

I have a 1998 SLTH and also need an Ignition Update Kit. Any way to make repair without the kit, since they do not make it any more?

Parts pit stop replied to another thread,stating the update kit is not available.
    When the kit was available,it was an extreme bargain-for a CDI,Stator,coil and plug wires-around $350.

Parts from a later model 2 cyl would work-but all the parts new,needed to convert it would cost $740 (stator,CDI,coil,wires-stator housing-harness connecter ) and the correct CDI is no longer available.

Even with age/use the update kit ignition system could have problems and need repair.

It seems at this point,you need to diagnose your problem very well and find used parts.

P.S. I have a used-"old style" ignition coil I will sell for $40 + shipping,send me a private message with shipping info if interested.

Thread Information