Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Question Reflash Crossroads

I am in a bit of a pickle here. I will be reflashing my computer from les cooke seeing he is just around the corner. But i do not know whether to go his 8300 tune. or his 8600 tune with retainers. I need some pro's of running with retainers and also the 8300. If i just run the 8300 tune will that just mean less speed then the 8600?

+1
    You will get more speed/power/acceleration with the 8600 reflash. The retainers are easy to change and pretty cheap, so I'd go that route. You could also get a complete supertech springs and retainers package for $300 for extra security.

+1
    Thanks! that seems pretty reasonable for retainers and springs. Les quoted me $400 for the retainers installed. Im going to wait for a few others to chime in to see other peoples opinions. to then make my decision.

+1
    You will also see another 1psi or so of boost, the main reason you will make more power. I think if you did the 8300 rpm reflash, you might regret it further down the track. What are you expecting these other speed junkies to say

+1
    hahaha that is true.... they will all say go more! Yeah down the track i want to upgrade the well and spacer. Probably go ET 137 and 4 mil spacer and most of them say more psi at 8600 because and less at 8300 for obvious reasons. Thats one thing that i will regret, but then again i would not no the difference because ive never experienced that much power.

+1
    I wouldnt deal with les if your not planning on using his gear - he wont work with it.

+1
    I havent looked into his A kit B kit and C kit superchargers... all depends on pricing whether i get the supercharger from him or not.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TDR View Post
    I havent looked into his A kit B kit and C kit superchargers... all depends on pricing whether i get the supercharger from him or not.
    He is far more expensive than what we can get the gear from the US, especially with this exchange rate.. Did you look into v-tech at all?
    How much he charging for his reflash?

+1
    I could imagine. He is charging $890, i was looking into vtech but i really dont want to send my ECU overseas. Im not sure im comfortable with it, and also postage would be a killer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TDR View Post
    I could imagine. He is charging $890, i was looking into vtech but i really dont want to send my ECU overseas. Im not sure im comfortable with it, and also postage would be a killer.
    What about buying the handheld tuner and a tuning credit? That way you could reflash for 8300rpm now, then decide if you want to change it to whatever other tune you like, be it 8650, 8800, whatever, for no extra charge after purchasing the tuning credit.

It would work out very similar price in the beginning, but then you have the added flexibility of changing the tunes as you please. I am not trying to change your mind, just letting you know of the options available..

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information