+1

Question Where to get OEM Decals - Other than Yamaha Dealer???

Well, my 04 GP13R is in extremely good shape, and the decals are pretty much like new so I'm not planning to remove them until they are faded (or I do custom paint job). However, I recently spilled a small amount of gas on the towel I had under the fuel fill opening while filling from a gas can. I removed the towel, and that portion of the decal wiped off with it. Leaving the white backing, but removing 90% of the colors in that one area. I was wondering if anyone knows where to get NOS OEM decals (by section). I don't need the whole kit, just that one front piece. It's either that, or I cut off the damaged section and just sort of curve it so it doesn't look as bad. But I'm picky and I like my stuff to look nice. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bgruhn76 View Post
    Well, my 04 GP13R is in extremely good shape, and the decals are pretty much like new so I'm not planning to remove them until they are faded (or I do custom paint job). However, I recently spilled a small amount of gas on the towel I had under the fuel fill opening while filling from a gas can. I removed the towel, and that portion of the decal wiped off with it. Leaving the white backing, but removing 90% of the colors in that one area. I was wondering if anyone knows where to get NOS OEM decals (by section). I don't need the whole kit, just that one front piece. It's either that, or I cut off the damaged section and just sort of curve it so it doesn't look as bad. But I'm picky and I like my stuff to look nice. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.
    In the online store
    http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....=13&A=118&B=29

+1
    As my original post mentioned, I'd like to not have to pay Yamaha prices...just curious if anyone had a lead on some sitting around somewhere. But $37 isn't bad. Maybe I will just order one. Thanks.

Was there only 1 color choice in 2004? Mine are blue, black, and yellow.

+1
    Your best option (and only option when just buying one section) is to buy the Yamaha OEM. 37 bucks is a deal, buy it while you can still get it. I have a 2003 GPR that I would gladly pay that and more if I could get the one section I need, but it's been discontinued and no longer available.

When removing the old decal, buy one of the decal eraser wheels for your drill, it's worth it's weight in gold cuz' it makes decal removal "easy" and doesn't mess up the gel coat. The 3M one is expensive, Norton is about half the cost...go to Amazon.com and get one of the ASE ones with the drill adaptor...http://www.amazon.com/AES-Industries...l+eraser+wheel

A child of five would understand this. Go get one. pierowman's Avatar
    +1
    the colors changed by year, so yes only one color. Boats.net is usually a bit cheaper.

+1
    Cool thanks...ok, how do I know which model mine is?

GP1300R - GP1300C

GP1300R - GP1300CC

Nevermind...looks like they are both the same decals. Thanks!!

+1
    Hmm not sure the difference but i looked at the part numbers and they appear to be the same in regards to the graphics.

+1
    Yeah...wish they had pics of the actual decals though. Found some on Ebay too, but pics are not what part number shows. UGH! lol

+1
    You can call boats.net many memebers here have had good dealings with them. Ive never had a problem and they will price match as well.

+1
    Cool deal. Thanks! I will call them this week. Anyone else ever have fuel eat the decals off? It was like instantly colors were gone. I wiped off as fast as I could. (within seconds)

Thread Information