Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2011 RXT-X 260 Modification Suggestions

Recently installed the Riva 15/20R impeller
    Next mod was planned to be the rear exit exhaust.
    Followed by the Power Filter Kit

Would I benefit from the Vtech more than SCOM?

I was planning on the IC relocation per everyone's recommendation for improved acceleration.

Any suggestions as I want to this be a beast without messing with supercharger, injectors or engine internals?

Thank you in advance.

+1
    Get the 8350 Vtech!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stuckmoto View Post
    Get the 8350 Vtech!!!
    That is the unit I was looking at in the store here. I just saw a new thread about a MoTch, would I get more benefit from that? What differences would I see from the 8350 V-tech unit other than removal of the GPS limiter and starting in Sport Mode?

+1
    read this thread especially post #7 on http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182392 about SCOM and its limitations

Look at my signature for mods and speeds.

What are your goals? You can attack this smartly or waste time and lots of $$$$ if not well thought out!

Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    read this thread especially post #7 on http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182392 about SCOM and its limitations

Look at my signature for mods and speeds.

What are your goals? You can attack this smartly or waste time and lots of $$$$ if not well thought out!

JPT - I have been following your posts being a fellow Texas, I am in Austin Texas area. I have thought about possible fun racing in Texas area as I love the sport and used to ride stand up, but mostly for just playing around. I am more concerned about reliable performance, thus changing things like the blower and engine internals doesn't appeal to me. I am going for more bolt on's and for sure want the rear exit exhaust (and would love a waterbox) if only for the sound.

Acceleration and overall performance is more to my liking than top speed. If I can only get to 77mph but it gets there very quickly that is better for me than topping out at say 80mph.

Your help is much appreciated.

+1
    The SCOM will put you around 74 max @ 8000RPM, the V-Tech will give you more @ 8350RPM.
    I ride in alot of offshore with the SCOM and it suits me best as my s/c clutches have prefect slip after 50 hours of abuse.
    I believe that once you raise the rev-limit in offshore, your clutches will wear quicker.

I would be happy with around 76 ~ 78 mph as long as it sounded mean and accelerated like a beast..........

Antiguan FZR, that is a great picture, would love to ride out in the Caribbean versus Texas and Michigan...

The Vtech tune will get rid of the boost limiter as well, it is a must for our skiis, and reasonably priced. Add an intake, exhaust, prop, grate and you will be in that 75 area easy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnRXTX View Post
    JPT - I have been following your posts being a fellow Texas, I am in Austin Texas area. I have thought about possible fun racing in Texas area as I love the sport and used to ride stand up, but mostly for just playing around. I am more concerned about reliable performance, thus changing things like the blower and engine internals doesn't appeal to me. I am going for more bolt on's and for sure want the rear exit exhaust (and would love a waterbox) if only for the sound.

Acceleration and overall performance is more to my liking than top speed. If I can only get to 77mph but it gets there very quickly that is better for me than topping out at say 80mph.

Your help is much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnRXTX View Post
    I would be happy with around 76 ~ 78 mph as long as it sounded mean and accelerated like a beast..........

Ok, I get what you want but, I’ll only help if you don’t put a “Keep Austin Weird” sticker on your ski!!!

Here are my suggestions to get you 76+:

1. Bilge pump(s) – no speed gain but smart install when shit happens
    2. 4” kanaflex/filter air intake setup – got to let her breath better
    3. Catch Can required due to 4” air setup
    4. V-Tech map tuner with 8350 rpm limit re-flash tune
    a. This removes the GPS, boost, and 8040rpm limits which is crucial!
    b. Adds start up in Sport Mode, clear faults
    c. Provides future growth for new tunes for future mods – your on this site – it will happen guaranteed
    5. Solas 15/20 re-pitched by Erik at www.speedfreeksracing.com (SFR) to 12.5/19
    6. SFR Intercooler Relocation kit – removes stock resonator and shortens hoses from SC to IC and IC to TB to just inches – much improved acceleration and throttle response
    7. Riva Through hull exhaust – minimal performance gain but facilitates #6 and really opens up the back area access
    8. R&D intake grate

You already have a stock 83mm venturi nozzle! When you are ready to bust 80 mph you will need:
    1. AFR monitoring
    2. Valve train upgrade – springs and retainers
    3. Supercharger – ET 137 or Mini Rude minimum
    4. V-Tech re-flash to around 8800 rpm
    5. Rising rate fuel pressure regulator
    6. Walbro fuel pump to keep up with demand
    7. Thermostat – 160* Rotax or Riva

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information