Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry 2007 RXT S/C went out! Help!

Hey guys, I have not posted here in years (not sure if I even have posted before). But a little about the PWC, it is a 2007 RXT with around 260 hours on it. Never had any major problems, until this weekend. We were riding here in Charlotte at Lake Norman and when we turned the seadoo on, it sounded louder than normal. Almost like a vacuum line was disconnected. So we ride for about 30 minutes, still performs just fine and then our of no where, the supercharger just stopped. It stopped whining and everything all at once. We understand the seadoo has been ridden like it was meant to be and I don't see how one just stops working out of no where!
    We took it to a local dealer (Honda of Winston-Salem, would not recommend this place to my worst enemy now) and they told us it was going to be at least a $5,000 dollar fix before he even knew what the problem was! We then told him we were thinking about building it since it might even be cheaper than going OEM. We have considered some Riva parts but not sure. The guy then tried to tell us it will be $107 to run a compression test.
    What I am getting at is, I need some guidance as to what you guys think it might be and if you can recommend another place around the Winston-Salem/Charlotte/Smith Mountain Lake area to get it fixed! Or, if it would be better to just go with a stage 1, 2 or 3 kit! Anything will be great guys. Thanks!

+1
    When you say s/c quit, do you mean the ski is still running but the s/c is not making boost? If this ski has 260 hours on the original stock supercharger without a rebuild @100 hours then you probably have a s/c failure. You need to pull the S/c and see what you have, missing clutch washers or bearing failure. Then post back and you can get more help on what direction to go. Look in the how to section and there are directions on how to remove the supercharger.

Quote Originally Posted by Bama View Post
    When you say s/c quit, do you mean the ski is still running but the s/c is not making boost? If this ski has 260 hours on the original stock supercharger without a rebuild @100 hours then you probably have a s/c failure. You need to pull the S/c and see what you have, missing clutch washers or bearing failure. Then post back and you can get more help on what direction to go. Look in the how to section and there are directions on how to remove the supercharger.
    Yeah, the ski still gets up to around 47mph but no boost. Sorry for not mentioning that! I will look in the 'How To' section and keep you informed within the next week or so! Thanks.

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama View Post
    If this ski has 260 hours on the original stock supercharger without a rebuild @100 hours then you probably have a s/c failure. You need to pull the S/c and see what you have, missing clutch washers or bearing failure. Then post back and you can get more help on what direction to go. Look in the how to section and there are directions on how to remove the supercharger.
    +1. easy way to start diagnosing: pull black rubber intake hose off of supercharger. try spinning the shaft/blades inside of the s/c inlet by hand. if it doesnt move your good. if it spins, sign up for some overtime cause you have a mess on your hands. gL

+1
    SC with 260 hours with no matinance why start now...
    the motor may already be a anchor, he just dont know it yet

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    SC with 260 hours with no matinance why start now...
    the motor may already be a anchor, he just dont know it yet
    Where did anyone mention that the supercharger has never had maintenance? He simply stated that the ski had 260 hours.

+1
    I bet you $100 it has never been off his ski.....

Just to make sure, this is the same 'How-To', about going into the 07 Seadoo? I know it says 2005 but is there a considerable difference?

+1
    yes, the 05 is very similar to your 07

Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    yes, the 05 is very similar to your 07

Thanks, I meant to include this link..
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13403

Thanks for the quick response. I will be looking into tearing the ski apart this weekend. So I need to check to see if the wheel inside the s/c spins or doesn't, correct? Anything else I should look into while it is apart?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information