Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what prop?

+1

what prop?

Guys hello i have a RXT 215 with X charger, air filter, poweshot and machined improvement of the airflow to the throttle body ( sorry for my explanations for this, my engilsh are not so good). During 75 fahrenheit (outside temp) i get around 8000-8050 rpm and 66 mph (sea water). The problem is that most of the time i use my ski at summer and at around 95-100 fahrenheit where i get 7700 rmp and 65mph (both with gps, speedo always shows 70mph) due to hot outside air. I was thinking of changing the prop in order to increase wholeshot and gain a couple of hundreds in rpm, would the srx-cd 13/18 do the job? Take into account that acceleration is what i care for cause top speed cant be obtained at all times due to rough water conditions

+1
    Hey mate, I think you might have an underlying problem somewhere. You should be on the limiter with an X-charger and stock prop.. 14/19 would be the right prop for you set up I would think, but you need to investigate to find why your rpms are so low.

What year RXT? your r's could be okay....but your speed is definately down. Salty conditions too?...could be a whole bunch of dirty clogged stuff causing the loss in mph.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Hey mate, I think you might have an underlying problem somewhere. You should be on the limiter with an X-charger and stock prop.. 14/19 would be the right prop for you set up I would think, but you need to investigate to find why your rpms are so low.
    Hello, i cant think of anything really. My washers have around 50 hrs (metalic ones) but i believe it is the climate here in Greece. To give you a hint i am faster than an rxt-x 260 (2010) and have raced a couple of them... also salty water could cause the loss of rpm. Finally, at WOT due to choppy water i see my rpms balancing from 7400 to 8150.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    What year RXT? your r's could be okay....but your speed is definately down. Salty conditions too?...could be a whole bunch of dirty clogged stuff causing the loss in mph.
    My ski is a 2007 , Salty conditions all the time plus at least choppy water

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmarxt View Post
    Hello, i cant think of anything really. My washers have around 50 hrs (metalic ones) but i believe it is the climate here in Greece. To give you a hint i am faster than an rxt-x 260 (2010) and have raced a couple of them... also salty water could cause the loss of rpm. Finally, at WOT due to choppy water i see my rpms balancing from 7400 to 8150.
    Sea water will not affect your rpms, not significantly anyway. If your ski is only pulling 7700 rpms with x-charger and air intake, I don't care if it is 200 outside, you have a problem somewhere.

If it is just a case that it is too choppy to determine max rpms, then that's a different story.

+1
    Sea water will not affect your rpms, not significantly anyway. If your ski is only pulling 7700 rpms with x-charger and air intake, I don't care if it is 200 outside, you have a problem somewhere.

If it is just a case that it is too choppy to determine max rpms, then that's a different story.
    Well am i with you in your thinking but how do you explain that i get 8050 to 8100 during March or April when the weather is cooler and i drop to 7700 during July or August?

+1
    Well am i with you in your thinking but how do you explain that i get 8050 to 8100 during March or April when the weather is cooler and i drop to 7700 during July or August?
    That is no doubt due to heat fade, but I think you should be on the limiter regardless of weather conditions, or atleast on the limiter in the cooler months.
    If you were to take the X-charger off and the air intake, and put the stock parts on, you'd barely be turning 7300 rpms in the Summer. IMO, something isn't quite right.

+1
    That is no doubt due to heat fade, but I think you should be on the limiter regardless of weather conditions, or atleast on the limiter in the cooler months.
    If you were to take the X-charger off and the air intake, and put the stock parts on, you'd barely be turning 7300 rpms in the Summer. IMO, something isn't quite right.
    You got a point there. I will look into it. Is there a posibility that the charger washers are slightly worn out so as to loose rpms? Or they have a more like "on-off" kind of work- they either run perfect or dont run at all (and brake).

+1
    You got a point there. I will look into it. Is there a posibility that the charger washers are slightly worn out so as to loose rpms? Or they have a more like "on-off" kind of work- they either run perfect or dont run at all (and brake).
    Absolutely, as your clutch components wear, the supercharger slip will fall causing a loss of performance. This could potentially be your problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information