Question 1995 Polaris sl750 Help! Carb diagrams don't show

Years ago, when machine was new, had a problem with the machine hesitating, losing power under full throttle,cutting in and out on the rpms and not reaching top RPM/speed.( a good analogy is like starting to drive your car, hitting your brakes and then releasing them pick up speed and then the brakes come on again, engine starts to quit, hestitates and starts going again.) After much investigation, at dealer and (even Polar tech reps were stumped), mechanic found the problem. As he described it to me, it was a small clear piece of plastic about 1/2 the size of the tie or tab, put on the plastic bags of a loaf of bread.He said it acted much like a reed valve, if you didn't know it was suppose to be there, you'd never find it. Anyways it was this plastic reed that broke off. He replaced it and the machine ran wonderfully till this year,it started again, doing exactly the same thing. I went to the same Marina, but that mechanic is gone and the new guys don't know what I'm talking about.
    Does anyone know where this piece is located, I don't see it on any of the carb diagrams.
    Thank you
    Edeck

Banned User
    +1
    Its on the block you remove to access the jets. Its a little clear plastic check valve. It should have a hole in one end for the screw to go through. There is a little metal tab that goes on over the top of it.

+1
    I was going to say reed valve, then I re-read the post. I tried to delete, but can't. Sorry.

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carb diaphram.JPG 
Views:	165 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	279173

Someone probably rebuilt the carbs and lost it in the process. VERY easy to lose. Not exactly one of those parts you can say, "eh...probably not that important anyways."

Thank you very much for all your quick responses. I'll try to pick up the part this weekend and let everyone know how I made out with this.
    Once agaion Thank-you
    Sincerely

Edeck

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Edeck View Post
    Thank you very much for all your quick responses. I'll try to pick up the part this weekend and let everyone know how I made out with this.
    Once agaion Thank-you
    Sincerely

Edeck
    If you can't find it, I have some used spares I can drop in an envelope.....

Hi All,
    Just got back from the cottage.
    Found the problem, before I dismantled the carbs. The wire that led into #3 cylinder spark plug boot was loose and not making good contact, hence it was firing intermittently. Reestablished a good connection to the boot and voila.
    Sincere thanks to all for the advise and the offer for the part.
    You all just re-instilled the confidence, that there are a lot of good people still, willing to help others out.
    Thank-you again.
    Edeck

+1
    Glad to hear you got it running!

Thread Information