Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

What is needed to start a ski?

It has now been determined that my skis will not be replaced/repaired by insurance. Lawyers could care less about a non-injury case and the degenerate fck who wrecked me doesn't have any assets worth suing anyway.

So...It's time to get to work.

I've got a garage that's empty except for a new engine hoist, my tools, 2 busted up skis, a shop cart, and busted up trailer. First step. I need to make sure the motors of both skis weren't damage from all the slamming and flipping. RXT should fire up as soon as I find the key. But what do I need in order to start the RXP-X. Motor and electrical wise, everything should be intact except for the gauge cluster. Is the gauge cluster necessary in order to start the ski? I previously thought it was only for display purposes? The steering column is snapped and the only thing holding the handles and finger throttles is the wiring coming up out of the ski. So it's also possible that one of those wires might be shorted out or unattached somewhere.

But for now my main question is: Would the ski normally be able to click, beep, turn on, or anything at all, without a gauge cluster connected?

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    damn man sorry to hear that...i dont see why it wouldnt start without the gauge cluster working. if the wires are the only thing that held your bars on, theres a good chance you will have a shorted/displaced wire. best of luck brotha!

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Hey man sorry to see this! You said Insurance, Your insurance or theirs? Them? take them to small claims or something....judgements to make sure they don't have the chance to even get a damn thing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sea-one View Post
    Hey man sorry to see this! You said Insurance, Your insurance or theirs? Them? take them to small claims or something....judgements to make sure they don't have the chance to even get a damn thing.
    Agreed ..I dont think i would just walk away from a loss like that

+1
    That sucks he didnt have insurance and yours isnt going to kick in. BTW have you checked with your home owners insurance? May be worth a call.

Best of luck to you

Yes, you need the cluster attached to start the ski. It is a security feature that started in 2006, to keep people from swapping clusters to reduce apparent hours.

+1
    i would agree definitely check into home owners insurance!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
    It has now been determined that my skis will not be replaced/repaired by insurance. Lawyers could care less about a non-injury case and the degenerate fck who wrecked me doesn't have any assets worth suing anyway.

So...It's time to get to work.

I've got a garage that's empty except for a new engine hoist, my tools, 2 busted up skis, a shop cart, and busted up trailer. First step. I need to make sure the motors of both skis weren't damage from all the slamming and flipping. RXT should fire up as soon as I find the key. But what do I need in order to start the RXP-X. Motor and electrical wise, everything should be intact except for the gauge cluster. Is the gauge cluster necessary in order to start the ski? I previously thought it was only for display purposes? The steering column is snapped and the only thing holding the handles and finger throttles is the wiring coming up out of the ski. So it's also possible that one of those wires might be shorted out or unattached somewhere.

But for now my main question is: Would the ski normally be able to click, beep, turn on, or anything at all, without a gauge cluster connected?
    Just my opinion, before you start or energized the skis, You may want to post some pictures first to better help you and for the rest of the members to realize the condition of your skis. Let's say one member responded to your call of help and told you just plug the key in and your good to go. Butt nobody knows if there is any damage wire that is open and can be shorted that will result in more damage once you energized the ski. Remember, anything that you damage here, like ECU etc,etc....is coming out of your pocket. Sorry about your loss.

9. +1 by:

You might be better off parting the px out if it's that much damage save yourself some time

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ski33 View Post
    You might be better off parting the px out if it's that much damage save yourself some time
    While it probably would save me a lot of time, I will only part out the ski as a last resort.

I'll probably start up a new thread covering each detail of the repair.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information