Need Ignition Update Kit/Repair Suggestion for 1998 SLTH 700

I have a 1998 Polaris SLTH 700 and it will not run because it needs an Ignition Update Kit. Problem is that Polaris has stopped making this part. Anyone know where I might find one or how I can make the repair using other parts? I did find a kit for 96/97 models but not sure if it will work. Any way to talk to Polaris to understand what the problem is that needs to be fixed? HELP!

Banned User
    +1
    You can use the kit for the 96/97 model. Only difference is the timing programmed into the CDI box.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    You can use the kit for the 96/97 model. Only difference is the timing programmed into the CDI box.
    That would be great but I can't seem to find anyone that has anything that will work.
    I would hate to have a like new ski with a new motor totaled becasue of a bad coil.

+1
    I had to install the update kit on my 1998 SLTH just a couple on months ago. And it now runs great.
    Check out the info on this site: http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl....omestic-engine
    This is what got me through the diagnosis and install. Google "Hurricane update kit 2873022" and you will find the update kit for sale.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedfrek View Post
    That would be great but I can't seem to find anyone that has anything that will work.
    I would hate to have a like new ski with a new motor totaled becasue of a bad coil.

Just get that kit before its too late

pwcpolarisslth700

ok while running my slth 700 yesterday it ran .5 throttle for 10 minutes and then faded and died.. it wouldnot start and we were kindly towed to shore by a fellow boater...

i have great spark and compression and tested cylinders by spraying some gas into the carbs..it did not run but the starter motor was stopped periodically by the cylinder firing on the up stroke before top dead centre..

i removed carbs and again: the engine turned over smoothly, good spark, good compression, .... when i sprayed either gas or ether in to the reed block it turned over and again the starter motor was hammered to a stop by a misfire....

so in my research there is a ignition upgrade for this PWC and i want to confirm the issues i am experiencing will be solved by this upgrade.

can anyone confirm the SYMPTOMS that people have experienced that this upgrade solved... and where i purchase one..

dont want to spend $ if it will not solve issue..

thanks inadvance

+1
    rebuild carbs

replace all old fuel line

new spark plugs

check crank index

Thread Information