P1655 and not starting

Long story short, I haven't been able to use my RXP since mid may. I just tried to turn it on today and it does not crank. I can hear the fuel pump priming, but nothing else. I also got a CEL P1655 "DESS line shorted to 12V"*

Could I be getting the code because of a low or dying battery? I tried connecting it to my car with jumper cables but still no cranking. I just want to check to see if this could be the issue. Any help is appreciated.*

Thanks

Took the battery to advance auto and they said it still has some juice in it, and that it should at least crank. Not sure where to take it from here.

Anyone?

Most likely, you have either a bad key, or possibly the DESS post is bad. Did you try a different key?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Dood View Post
    Most likely, you have either a bad key, or possibly the DESS post is bad. Did you try a different key?
    I only have 1 key for it...but how can the key just go bad by itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Adlpb View Post
    I only have 1 key for it...but how can the key just go bad by itself?
    The keys have a chip in them and if they leak they can get water inside to the chip. They do go bad from time to time...

Quote Originally Posted by CanDooPro - Dennis View Post
    The keys have a chip in them and if they leak they can get water inside to the chip. They do go bad from time to time...
    Is there a way to check this? The CEL I'm getting says something about the DESS being shorted to 12V. Also, what would be the best way to fix this?

Thank you sir

Is there a way to check this? The CEL I'm getting says something about the DESS being shorted to 12V. Also, what would be the best way to fix this?

Thank you sir
    The only way to test the key is to put it on a CANDoo box and hit test key or put it on a buds system. The other alternative is to program a new key and see if it works.

Did you ever find out anything on this issue I am struggling with that code as well. I have 3 keys and a candoo its not the key
    the service manual testing shows good continuity and a functional post most of the post failures seam to be in reading the codes off it and not a short to 12 v and what the heck is VBK listed as a optional problem.

Long story short, I haven't been able to use my RXP since mid may. I just tried to turn it on today and it does not crank. I can hear the fuel pump priming, but nothing else. I also got a CEL P1655 "DESS line shorted to 12V"*

Could I be getting the code because of a low or dying battery? I tried connecting it to my car with jumper cables but still no cranking. I just want to check to see if this could be the issue. Any help is appreciated.*

Thanks
    I would try a new ecu. If the dess post is good and continuity is good its most likely the ecu. you will need to reprogram the key.

Thread Information